-hearts still beating 7.08-

Someway somehow, I ended up here, picking at Negan's spaghetti, which was actually not bad, but I had to stop eating it because I hadn't gotten the memo that we were not eating it, looking up shamefully from my plate.

"Well...?" Negan edged on, staring at my somewhat blank expression, "is that not the best damn spaghetti you've ever eaten?"

I looked over to Carl to see what I was supposed to say to that, I loved Carl and all, but his eye was starting to give me chills, not that I would ever say something to him about it.

"I don't like spaghetti." I stated, fully lying. I could've just said no or went along with it but instead I lied, what a shocker.

"You mean to tell me with the way you just stuffed that shit into your mouth that you don't like spaghetti?" He dragged out a chuckle, "you really are something kid."

"Why do you call us both kids? You keep threatening to murder us or is that something you get off on?" I asked, putting my fork down on the napkin.

"Well excuse me, guess I'm going to have to give you something a little more suiting, huh?" He questioned with a grin.

Olivia looked back and forth at us, still scared as always. Carl just looked disappointed in my inability to stop talking back. I could definitely be disappointed at him too if he wants to play that game, I'm still wondering why Negan had to bring his ass back.

After another five minutes at the table, I ran my mouth again earning a scolding from Olivia, which still surprised me. The shock of her actually speaking in front of Negan was enough to shut me up, she was cowering all day ever since Negan showed up with Carl. Her little outburst at me led to Judith waking up with a cry and me mumbling, "way to go Olivia."

--------

Negan eventually went out, apparently getting into a little chat with Spencer. Carl and I were told to go put Judith down since Carl was the one to get Judith back to sleep, Olivia stayed downstairs to clean up after lunch.

"I don't get why you are talking to him." Carl said after softly shutting the door to Judith's room.

"You don't get why I'm talking to him? I said a couple sentences, plus it's not like I was being nice." I scoffed, "you're the one who snuck out. You are the whole reason he's here right now."

"I went to kill him not have a chat. I killed two of his men today."

"Oh," I said with a sarcastic smile and tone, "good for you. Are you trying to get more of us killed?" I shook my head at him, turning for the stairs.

"I killed him." Carl blurted out.

"What?" I asked blankly, turning to face him fully again. "He's literally on the porch with Spencer-"

"The one you said did it. I killed him."

I felt my stomach sink, "oh", was all I could get out. He was gone.

"Are you mad?" Carl asked quietly.

Carl could've died for that. I should've done it. "No. I'm just really glad you didn't get yourself killed over something so stupid." I said before leaving again.

"Liam, don't do this again." Carl said, grabbing my arm from my side.

I felt sick, unreal. "Don't do what?"

"Shut me out. You aren't alone, okay? Jesus was with me when I went, he didn't get caught." Carl whispered the last sentence.

"Well why would Jesus go?" I questioned.

"To get Daryl out."

"Did he do it?" I asked curiously. It's felt like years since I saw Daryl.

"I'm not sure." I felt my smile disappear along with Carl's hand on my wrist, thankfully the clean one.