-the other side 7.14-

TW: self-harm

"You ready to go kid?" Negan asked, strapping up his glove as he stopped into my room.

"Yeah, almost." I said tying my last shoe on the low arm of the couch.

"Here," Negan held out my jacket that had been missing from Alexandria, of course they had taken it.

"I was looking for this," I said as I snatched it from his hand, "who took it?" I asked while putting it on. Small world.

"Lookin' all fancy for your big entrance?" He asked, sarcasm always being laced into his sentences. I had been here the last few days, spent most of it in my room. Negan had some strange liking to me where I could basically get anything and do nothing. I had seen Eugene around, but he was acting like he had a stick up his ass, so we didn't speak a word to each other; I did find it weird that he was carrying around a jar of pickles like a child would with a teddy bear though.

"It's not going to be that cool. Someone will probably lose it a little and that'll be it. I hate to break it to you, but you don't have an advantage with having me here. They really won't care." I warned as we both walked out of the room, him swinging Lucille around behind me. "What way?" I asked, stopped in the middle of the hall. I hadn't learned my way around completely yet.

"Left." Negan said, taking the lead, which was much easier since he was definitely familiar with the place. "I bet Rick'll be losing his shit when he sees you." Negan said, ignoring literally everything I just told him. He tended to do that.

--------

We pulled through the gate, I was squished in between the driver and Negan, pulling up in his usual semi, more following behind us. It felt weird to be on this end of things, to see as the main group started coming forward.

The semi came to a ruff stop, jolting me so hard I almost hit the way too close dashboard. Of course, Negan chuckled at that.

"Ready kid?" He asked as the driver got out; other doors being closed heard around us.

I nodded, trying to convince myself. No going back.

Negan got out first, giving Rick his usual teasing greet.

Then I jumped out.

Rick's face went immediately to confusion, so did the others but he was what I was really wondering about.

"What- what is this?" Rick asked Negan, pointing at me.

"Oh, Rick. Let me introduce you to the newest member of the saviors," He flailed his arms out dramatically, walking back over to me and grabbing my shoulders, pushing me so I was face to face with my old group, "found this one on the side of the road." He explained with his mischievous smile.

Rick looked betrayed as he did that head tilt, trying to see what I was doing.

I looked down shamefully, I was not giving that same energy of 'no fucks to give' like the other day. Today I had some morality, enough to make me feel half bad about completely betraying everyone I had known since this started.

"Liam?" Carl came over, I looked at him, he looked just about as betrayed as Rick. He had no right to feel that after what he did. Fucking liar.

"Grimes..." I started, locking up my emotions for now. "I think we got some shit to collect." I said smiling devilishly at Rick, huffing out a breath as I did so.

--------

Negan told me to basically just get any of my stuff from here that I wanted, I listened, or tried to. Rick sent Carl of all people after me to make sure I was just getting my stuff.