Chapter 1

She doesn't know how it happened but it did. She woke up one morning in the middle of her middle school career in a novel she read called Inso's law. Everything else in her life was constant except the school and the people she was associated it.

Of course transmigrating into a different dimension or world was a big ass pill that refused to go down her throat for a while, but after a while, it did. Unlike other people she's read about who have transmigrated, she didn't end up in a different body nor did she end up rich. She was just her same old self but with different neighbors and classmates.

This particular morning, she got up mildly more sensitive to disrespect. As she scrambled down the hall of her school with her backpack 2 minutes before classes officially began, she took a sharp left only to be met by a hard back and an "ow" from the other party. Her being the weak and out-of-shape fried chicken eater she was, she landed herself on the floor with (thankfully) her backpack to cushion her downfall.

Didn't know why, but anger boiled inside her every limb and without a thought she blurted out "Watch where you're going man ugh" as she got up rolling her eyes and dusting herself off.

"I wasn't even 'going' brat! I was just standing here until your short ass crashed onto my back" She glared up at the other person knowing full well she's in the wrong. She observed his white lush hair and perfect features for a split second before holding her angry face for a second more.

Then when her anger finally boiled down, she dropped her shoulders she didn't know she was holding up and said "alright I'm sorry", and walked away from his group of colorful friends. Well tried.

"Hahaha! Wait aren't you Han Soo Ah from our class?" a bubbly voice called out from behind her. She looked back at the colorful group she just tried to pass upon hearing her full name being called like that. 'dang. didn't have to say my full name like that' she thought.

"uh yeah. Wait aren't you Ju in?" Then they all got to introducing themselves to her before the bell rang. She should be slightly panicking a bit seeing as she is talking to the main characters of the novel but it's the middle of the year, she's numb to them now.

In the beginning though, she avoided them so as to not damage their alleged happy ending. That's right, she never finished the novel. She didn't even keep track of what chapter she was on. All she know is Han Dan I and the rest of them got separated into two different classes in high school.

'Besides, everyone talks to them to try and get close to them but they all failed. This is probably going to be like this since I'm a side character'

They finally got to class and she took her seat beside her friend who was sitting beside the window in the front.

'They probably think it's the same with me. Nothing to worry about' She slightly nodded reassuring herself.

"You came in with the Four heavenly kings??" a girl from behind her whispered. She looked behind her and pointed to herself asking "you talking to me?".

"Yeah! we saw you come in with them. Are you guy friends now?" 'Oh no' Soo Ah thought.

"No I just bumped into them along the way." making sure to keep her expression stale and nonchalant.

"Omg did you see the news? The psychopath killer who broke out of jail was found and taken back to jail." Her friend Joo Ji Hae exclaimed repeatedly slapping her shoulder trying to get her attention.

Soo Ah stared at her friend in astonishment. "Really? First thing in the morning? No 'Hello'. No 'good morning'. right into serial killer business."

They both laughed together as the teacher came in and class began.

Finally lunch time came and she immediately got up to use the bathroom. She started feeling cramps in about the middle of the class and started connecting the dots. Luckly, she caught herself before anything spilled over noticeably. When she got back to the class, she felt eyes on her as she made her way to her seat. A few minutes of laying her head on the desk while holding her stomach, she opened her eyes to a knock on her desk. She groggily looked up and was met with a snickers bar in front of her and a smiling Ju In sitting on the empty desk in front of her.

"Take it. I got it for you"

As if time froze around her, she widened her eyes as she stared at the kind boy in front of her as the sun seemed to give him a gentle golden glow.

Suddenly her memories took her back to her childhood days when her only worry was if dinner was going to be good that day and she could bathe in the afternoon golden shine all she wanted. Days when she didn't have to ask herself "Will I be happy today" when she wakes up.

Without her realizing, her eyes started to tear up. When she saw the change in his bright smiling face, she came back to reality and speed walked out the classroom before anyone else could tell.

"oh- wait-"

Her legs took her to the roof where she let herself go and sobbed ugly tears on the floor while leaning against the wall opposite from the door.

...

A few minutes later, she calmed down and took a deep breath.

"Dang it. Classes started already" she thought out loud looking at her phone.

All of a sudden, she heard knocks on the roof door. She looked at it in surprise and it slowly opened to reveal none other than Woo Ju In.

"You forgot your chocolate" He softly spoke

He approached slowly and carefully and sat down beside her.

"Ju In I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking and I couldn't handle my emotions for some reason and I just got up and left and-"

"It's ok. I understand." He softly smiles.

"Thank you" she said slightly tearing up again "I don't know what to say"

"You don't have to"

For a second or two, the two sat in silence as she kept her eyes on the snickers bar which was now in her hands.

"You know, you're a little bit quiet right now. I don't want you to force yourself to act in a different way because of me." She confessed.

She saw him in her peripheral view slightly parting his lips as if to say something but he thought for a second and closed them.

He replied with a simple yet gentle "mhn"

She decided not to pry any further as she did not forget that he is one of the main characters.

For a little bit in that warm afternoon, the two sat in comfortable silence.