Chapter 5

"To end our chapter on evolution, we're going to create a presentation; physical or digital, your choice. It will be a deep analysis of an animal of your choice and its closest ancestors. It will be set in a CER format but you may choose any design you'd like as these will be presented in the science fair. You will choose your own teammates-"

Your teacher was interrupted by the not-so-silent cheers of your classmates upon being given a choice over their fate. 

"I changed my mind I'll choose for you."

"Aw what?!" The class erupted. 

"You're not going to get to choose who you want to work with in the real world anyway I'm doing you a favor." 'Yeah right he's just out to get us' you rolled your eyes.

As he continued lecturing the class on the importance of working in teams even with people you don't like or know, you gently put your head down and slept.

Ringggg~. Waking up abruptly to the sound of the bell indicating break time, you suddenly felt hungry as fuck. You got up and went out to buy some bread and drinks. You bought two bread and two small bottles of milk in case your friend wanted some. When you got back to the classroom, you saw that she was asleep. "This girl never wakes up" you said to yourself as you made your way to her. You set her bread and milk on the empty spot of her desk making sure to not wake her up. When you succeeded, you smiled and noticed the four main characters just kinda watching you. 

'tf' you thought for a split second. you wave to them and whispered "Hi Ju In. Hi Chun Young. Hi Eun Hyung" You then looked at the last one and decided not to say hi. "Huh? I don't get a hi?" Ji Ho asked with a tick mark. 

"You want a hi from me? I thought you were mad at me for "ruining" your million-dollar shoes." You tilted your head a bit with a questioning expression. 

"go away brat." He responded 

You shook your head a bit and chuckled at him and left. the rest of the school day was normal but towards the end of the day, the winds got colder and the skies started to precipitate. 

Standing outside with your friend and staring at the rain while students were picked up or used umbrellas. You look to your left to your friend who's holding a yellow umbrella. 

"Traitor" you pouted your lips and narrowed your eyes at her. 

"You're just irresponsible idiot. You should have looked at the weather."

"Whatever. I'm just gonna walk home in the rain." 

"Bruh no let me take you home and then I'll walk home."

"Absolutely not. I got this. I'm not scared of a little rain." With that you started walking down the stairs and on to your way home.

"Stop get back here Soo Ah!" your friend shouted for you to stop. 

"Nope I'm already gonee~" You replied and walked out of her sight. 

Even if you do get wet, you have to take a shower regardless and your backpack is made of water proof material. 

Your house is about 15 minutes away by foot. And so you knew you were going to get soaked. You didn't want to run in the rain since running with a backpack is already embarrassing enough and running in the rain is not safe. 

You were crossing the street when you heard a car horn. You looked to the direction of the sound and a car was coming at you with full speed. 'Must have slipped in the rain' you thought to yourself as your heart dropped. Frozen, you listened to the horn that got louder and the lights that got brighter and closer. 

For a moment, you really thought you were dead. But then nothing happened. You were pushed to the side walk as the car sped right past you. Finally, you took a breath after unknowingly holding it. With your legs still wobbling you looked at your savior who was still holding you in their arms. Her dark purple eyes stared right back at you. 

"You ok?" Yeo-ryeong asked you, her expression filled with concern. 

"Uh yeah. .. Thank-"

"Are you guys ok??" Dan I ran across the street and put her umbrella over you two. 

"Yeah Thanks to her. I would have been crushed." You laughed a little trying to get over the feeling in your legs. 

She let go of you once she determined you could stand on your own. They offered to walk with you and you agreed. Thankfully, Yeo-ryeong had another umbrella in her backpack. She just didn't use it because she wanted to share one with Dan I. 

When you got home, you guys said your goodbyes and you went up the stairs to the floor above. Setting your things down in your room, you made sure not to get the floor too wet and showered. Many thought came to you in the shower. 'I could have actually died today.' 'in this world. I could die too.' Letting that realization set in, you had a moment of Epiphany. 

You've been acting like this world is a world of which you don't belong in. 'Was I using their allege happy ending as an excuse to not get myself involved too deeply into the plot because I was in denial?'

'Damn.' you thought to yourself. "They're really good people and I've been pushing them away because of my denial. I feel really bad now." you said out loud before the voice of the shower concealed your own no longer. You got out of the shower, and cooked a meal for you and your mom who worked the night shift that day ended the evening with homework. 

'I'm going to let go and enjoy being here.'