Chapter 8

So sorry I ghosted for a month. T 0 T. College is my excuse. 

_______________________________

A couple weeks go by and your relationship with your surroundings is getting again. You just never want to associate with the other kids. Not the way you did with Ji Hae. 

It was another day of running away from everyone and hanging out in the nurse's office. There were several beds and you took the last one to the very end. Finally taking a full breath, you stared up at the ceiling and emptied your mind. 

'Break is so short. I don't want to have to go back and face a classroom without her.' your mind was then filled with thoughts again. 

"Jesus my mood is so gray right now" you mumbled and closed your eyes. 

"Don't fall asleep Soo-Ah we still have history and math." you heard a girl's voice from outside your curtains. 

Immediately shooting your eyes open, you got up and pulled the curtain back. 

"Yeo-Ryeong? what are you doing in the Nurse's office?"

"What are YOU doing in the nurse's office?" 

"I asked first hehe"

"I just needed a band-Aid" She then showed you her paper cut. 

"Oh my god are you okay?" you walked up to her and examined her finger. She's bleeding quite a lot and the cut is fairly deep.  

"Yes. It's just a small cut. I just need to wash it and put a band-Aid over it."

"So why are you here Soo-Ah?"

"oh. I'm here because I wanted to nap" You lightly chuckled. 

'Yeo-Ryeongs lying. First, Dan-I isn't with her even though she's bleeding. Second, I was merely mumbling so there's no way she could have recognized me with the curtain closed. She must have followed me.' 

"Let me help you take care of your wound." 

After helping her, you both headed back up to the classroom. It constantly looked as if she wanted to say something but kept deciding otherwise. 

At the end of the day, you quickly packed your things and headed out. Half way through the path to your house, you realize you forgot your house key and your homework for the day inside your desk. 

Sighing, you headed back. 

As you turned the corner, you quickly hid behind the wall so as to not notify the two boys inside. It was Woo Ju-In and Kwon Eun-Hyung on cleaning duty. 

'I really don't have the mental strength to face them right now.' 

"Every time we get a step closer, we have to take 3 steps back." You heard Ju-In say to the other. 

"Soo-Ah is probably not in a good place right now." Eun-Huyng commented. 

"Yeah.." Ju-In added.

At the mention of your name, your eyes widened. you had no idea they felt that way. At first you avoided them because you thought it was best that you didn't mess with the plot and their happy ending. But now you're avoiding them because....

'I don't even know anymore' you thought to yourself as you walked to the bathroom to wait for them to leave. 

'I guess I just wasn't given enough time to fully prepare for her leaving and it didn't sink in until now after weeks without her.'

After an hour, you went to check quietly and sure enough, they weren't there anymore. 

With a slight sigh, you sat and laid your head down. "I feel like I've been doing a lot of laying down today." you talked to yourself and yawned. 

You sat up, covered your face and groaned "Ughhh somebody help mee I don't wanna be like this" 

"I liked me better when I was happier" you stared at your friend's desk. You walked up to it and sighed again. 

"I don't even know what to do with myself anymore -" all of a sudden, you hear footsteps from outside. 

The red head widened his eyes at the sight of you standing in the empty classroom as he opened the door.

"Eun-Hyung! Heyy!" You tried to sound cheerful as he walked to you.

'holy shit he gets more intimidating the closer he gets. 

He was only a foot away by the time he stopped. 

"Soo-Ah? What are you doing in the classroom at this hour?" he questioned. 

"Oh I came back because I forgot some stuff in my desk." you gave him an upside down smile.

"You on cleaning duty?" You tried to make a conversation.

"Yeah. I came back for my things and was going to head out." 

"Ohh haha ok well see you later then!" You quickly ended the interaction and started your way to the door when he grabbed your arm which made you abruptly stop and look up at him in surprise.

"Soo-Ah.. are you okay?" he asked. 

"What? Of course I'm fine. Why?" You acted clueless. 

He just stared at you with a weird expression. The longer he stared, the quicker your facade broke down. 

"I really am okay I promise."

"You sounded a bit less sure this time." He commented. 

The longer he stared, the smaller you felt. 

You stopped smiling and let out a breath. 

"I'm.....fine. Eun-Hyung." 

"I just am, a little, down right now." 

He kept staring. 

"Why are you not saying anything? You think I'm lying? I'm really not."

'Shit am I gonna cry?' you thought. 

He still didn't stop staring. He quietly held your hand and let you talk.

"I swear. Life is just eating me up a bit. But everyone goes through it sometimes." 

"But, not alone though." 

"I know you're missing your friend right now and I'm sure she's missing you too." 

"Let us share your grief." 

'damn. He had me there'

You looked down as tears welled up in your eyes. 

"I'm crying so much more nowadays. I'm not weak I swear." 

He unexpectedly hugged you tight. "I know" 

After a while you hugged him back. "I'm really not the person you think I am." 

'I'm probably not going to be the friend you want me to be' you told him in your mind. 

"You're wasting your time." 

He tightened his hug a bit and padded your head gently. "I'm okay with taking the risk."

_________________________________________