Chapter 10

Hey everyoneee....I'm backkk. Don't be mad I swear I didn't ghost for no reason. I had school and finals T.T

Also a little secret just between you and me, I have no idea where I'm going with this story. I just make shit up along the way. So it's gonna be horrible. 

_____________________________________

'Should I chase her down? oh god what's going to happen to me' 

You decided not to chase her down, but this did get you thinking. 

'Why am I feeling so guilty? Can't I even hang out with my friends without other people jumping to conclusion?' 

"What's wrong with you? Why are you staring down at your food like that with that expression?" Ji Ho interrupted your thoughts. You didn't realize you had such a serious face until he pointed it out. 

You're expression quickly changed to a laughing one. "I was thinking about how I'm going to make such good food for myself when I grow up and I can't have my mom make it anymore." you lied. 

"I feel like the easy solution is to just learn how to cook." 

"No shit sherlock." 

"If it was that easy why did you almost burn down your house?"

The rest of the lunch period was filled with chitter and chatter. When the school day finally ended, the group all went to Dan I's house for dinner and hang out.

"I won't be joining you guys this time I have something to do in a bit." You told them. 

"Huh? what do you have to do Soo Ah?" Ju In asked. 

You paused for a bit and smiled at them as they anticipated your answer.

"Don't worry about it it'll just be a quick thing. When I get back I'll join you guys if you're all still there" 

You waved at them as you walked away. 

'I just need some ice cream.' 

You got a chocolate popsicle with two sticks and sat on a bench at the bridge near your school. 

Pausing for a moment, you enjoyed one half of the popsicle while you let the other melt. This has been a ritual for a while month now. You started it when she first left and you were all emo. But now, it's just comforting to think about her at least once a week. 

"I'm not sure if this practice is sustainable in any way, but for now it's nice." 

you said out loud not worrying about anyone hearing. You do feel a little guilty about ditching your friends but sometimes, alone time is important for personal growth. 

'Look at me going through personal growth after suffering a loss.'

'I'm gonna text her that.' 

After enjoying the afternoon breeze for a couple more minutes you decided to pack up and leave for home. After throwing away the trash, you turned the corner to a building and was caught in a surprise. 

"AHH!" you screamed. 

"WOAAH" they screamed after you. 

"What are you guys doing??" you questioned confused at your colorful group of friends. 

They looked around at each other waiting for someone to take one for the team. You stood there, arms crossed, already knowing the answer. 

'they must have felt that I was pushing them away again.' 

"Were you guys spying on me?" You raised an eyebrow. 

"Well um, we wanted to make sure you were safe" Yeo Ryeong took one for the team.