Chapter 4

As Soo Ah watched her doom walk closer and closer, she thought about all the wrong choices she'd made in her life. 

'where did it all go wrong' she thought to herself. 

You whispered a "seriously?" and a glare to Ji Ho for not letting you go and looked at the group in front of you. 

"Hey guyss. fancy seeing you here" you lightly chuckled. 

"What's going on?" Eun Hyung voiced the other two's confusion. 

The one guy from the group, in between awe at their beauty, declared "We have some unfinished business with her"

You were about to say something back until surprisingly Chun Young responded a simple "No she doesn't." in your stead.

You made an 'oop' face at the unfamiliar behavior. 

The group of kids started looking around at each other and long story short, they left while giving you stares. 

"Phew" 

"What was that all about?" Ji Ho asked looking back at you. 

"Oh you know.. the usual." you smiled lightly. 

"Soo Ahh~" From a distance you heard none other than Ju In yell out your name sweetly while waving with one hand and holding a bag in the other hand. Behind him was the two girls walking back with some bags.

'great. now the whole gang is here' you thought. 

"Do you live around here?" He asked cheerfully as if flowers were blooming behind him. 

'Ohhh Great. This question. If I lie, then I have to live that lie forever and will have to hide forever in my own home. If I tell the truth, I'll be destroying their happy ending by possibly doing something that would change the trajectory of the story. ah. Is this what they call a dilemma?' you thought in your head as you watched his happy face wait for your answer.

"Uh yeah. ...Do you?" You answered followed by a question you already knew the answer to. 

"Nope we're just visiting Dan I. I didn't know you guys were neighbors! Wanna come with us? We're making some food." 

'hence the bags' you thought. 

"oh no I- my mom is probably worried since I haven't been home yet today and it's getting late" you nodded a few times with your sentences trying to make your lie seem real. 

Then, with another upside down, awkward smile, you ended the encounter with "Alright welp, see ya guys around." 

Only getting a few feet far, you heard a snarky "Not even going to thank us?" from none other than Ji Ho. 

You did the scoff-chuckle and retorted "Let me just add that I would have taken care of the situation just fine on my own if you hadn't stopped me." Which was true. The group wasn't even heading toward your way, but because they saw you with the glowing, handsome, attention attracting male leads, you got caught.  "You little-" Ji Ho started but was interrupted. 

"Situation? Were you running? Is that why you were sweating and out of breath in the store?" Ju In asked with flowers still blooming behind him. 

'bro why would you ask me that' You thought with a face that looked too similar to a certain skull emoji you used every so often. 

"oh yeah. I just got into some small trouble. The usual" you shrugged trying to play it off. You were just thankful Ju In didn't see the group or else he might have connected the dots and figured out why that girl confessed to him. 

Ju In laughed and said "well then I'll just have to keep you close to me so you don't get hurt." 

"I- hahaha" you did your fake laugh that you trained to sound real and sincerely hoped he wasn't serious. 

'Is it because I added "the usual" at the end of my answer?? Why did I do thattt' you thought as you walked away from the group and up to your complex. 

The next day, you walked into class to everyone standing at the back while the teacher called out each student's name for attendance and where they'd sit beginning today. Everybody was pretty excited. "You're late again Soo Ah but I'll let it go this time because of the seating change" the teacher announced and called the next student's name. 

'if only you knew why I always have to leave the house extra late or extra early. tsk tsk. I'd never wake up extra early for anybody's sake. Not even the main characters' you thought as you waited for your turn. Finally the morning ended with nobody getting what they wanted except for the main characters because they all were each other's desk mates and everybody else got people they didn't like. You were at the front on the opposite end of the row as your friend Ji Hae who sat next to the window. 

'I would visit you more my friend, if you didn't sit right Infront of the main characters.' you thought to yourself looking at her as she pouted her lips from having to sit next to one of those wanna be popular girls. 

'tough' you felt for her and yourself as you glanced at your desk mate who happened to be one of the loud wanna be popular boys. 

Then, to add salt to the wound, your teacher announced a group project. 'A group project for science class??' you questioned silently getting more annoyed by the second. 'And on the third day of my period too ughh' There's no significance in this day being the third day. You just wanted an excuse for your growing irritation. 

'this is going to be a long week.'