Chapter 6

The next day when you woke up, you felt the most refreshed than you have ever felt in your months being here in this world. Walking out of the house today at an earlier time than usual, you started your way to school. As you looked up at the sky and enjoyed the morning, you smiled and thought 'It feels good to not care.'

When you walked into class, you sat by your friend for a bit before class began. She was surprised you came early as did a couple other students but got over it quickly. You two were just talking until she broke the news. "I have to move to a new school"

...

...

"huh?"

"And it's in Canada"

"Huh??"

There was a long pause. You guys took this to the rooftop before school began. There was about 15 minutes.

"Why? When?" You bombarded her with questions as you both leaned on the fence.

"Remember when I told you my parents were getting separated?"

"Yeah."

"Well, they got divorced and my dad wants to start over and is planning on moving us to Canada because of their education system."

"Not gonna lie I kinda hate your dad right now."

"It's been arranged for me to move this weekend and start next monday."

"What?? But today is friday. You better not be joking about this." You're absolutely devastated upon losing your friend but even more so because you finally decided to let things go and enjoy life.

'I'm too late' you looked down.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier??"

'So this is what it feels like to lose a friend. overwhelming and confusing.' you thought to yourself.

"I didn't want our moments together to be bittersweet. I wanted it to be just sweet and pleasant."

"How about we skip school today and have a picnic and just hang out?" You suggested.

"Well, today is the last day I'll ever see you after all." She agreed.

"Ouch you didn't have to say it like that." You both laughed.

For the whole day, you and her hung out. You two did everything two friends could do in a day. As the day ended, the inevitable approached and it came time to say your goodbyes.

"Holy shit bitch I'm not ready. Let's have a sleepover."

"Bitch hell yeah"

So you're now at her house cooking and singing along to songs you know damn well you can't sing. Both just wishing you could slow down time for even a day longer. But you both knew it was going to happen. The suitcases in her room served to constantly remind you of the inescapable doom. With the best food and the best horror show, you guys ended the night quite late even though she had a flight the next morning.

"I'll never forget you."

"At least we have each other's number. I hope we can see each other again."

As you watched her plane take off, you thought to yourself 'I didn't realize she mattered this much to me'

You spent the next day moping around and being sad. Only for groceries did you go out. When you mom gave you the list and the money you thought 'I'm only in middle school she can't yell at me if I get something wrong'

As you walked down the isle for milk you saw a certain white head make a turn for your isle. You ignored him and kept walking until you were stopped by the wrist again. 'I can't deal with this right now.' you thought.

"Still not gonna say hi you shady brat?" He smirked.

You looked at his expression blankly and watched it contort to a serious one. "You okay?" He asked as he let go. 'I must have had quite a face for him to notice that quickly.' you thought.

Blinking a few times quickly, you responded a simple short "uh yeah. I'm fine," gave him an upside-down smile, and walked to the milk. For the rest of the weekend, you stayed in your room and talked to no one.

Monday came and just getting out of bed was the hardest thing. 'I'll go to school and she won't be there' you thought as you brushed your teeth.

On your way, you felt feverish. "Was it the rain? It was days ago though." you said out loud as you checked your forehead temperature.

"Alright class when I announce your groups you'll get into them right away and start working on the project."

He kept going down the list until he got to your group. "Han Soo Ah, Ham Dan I, Eun Ji Ho, and Ye Chan Yeon"

'so me, three main characters and a random girl. This is gonna be fun'

A couple minutes later, he was done announcing the groups.

When you made your way to your group, everyone introduced themselves and began talking about the project. Throughout, you were made aware of the constant glancing Ji Ho was giving you. Even Dan I noticed but didn't say anything. At one point, you just stared at him back and he finally stopped.

'why is he acting strange' you thought.

By the end of the class, you and your group got done with gathering the ideas. When break time came around, everyone got up and went to do their own things.

You would usually go to your friend but she wasn't there anymore so in her memory, you sat at her seat and laid your head down.

After a few minutes, someone sat beside you. You looked over in surprise and it was Ji Ho. "Okay what's going on? Why are you being all creepy and dead looking?"

"Bro leave me alone I just lost my friend to the freaking education system and legal issues." you responded as you put your head back down.

He didn't say anything for a while trying to figure out if she moved to a different school or if she died. After a while, he decided it didn't matter. As you were about to fall asleep, you felt a warm hand over your head. You shot your eyes open in surprise but didn't move. You then felt the hand move smoothly down and then again.

"I don't know what happened but if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, you've got me."

After a small pause, you chuckled  "since when we're we ever that close?"

"We'll. We can get that close if you stopped pushing us away."

To that you sat up. "Whatt. When- I'm not pushing anyone away."

"Idiot how slick do you think you are?"

".....  alright..." "I admit it. But that's only becaus-"
"It's ok you don't need to explain yourself. I know you're a smart person and do things for a reason."

Honestly a bit astonished, you slighted widen your eyes and was speechless for a full second.

Then you pressed your lips thin in guilt and laid back down before he saw your eyes water. 'Goddamn it' you thought.

"Thanks" you made your voice sound as normal as possible but you knew he could tell otherwise. You were just thankful he didn't point it out.

That was the day you really started to like Ji Ho for who he is instead of the main character you outed him to be.

_________________________________

So sorry luvs I don't know if you saw my bio but my break ended and college is starting againnn 😭. This story is lowkey fun to make so I'm not going to abandon it but the updates will be slower. Hope you liked this chapter and please pardon me for any mistakes in the story because I started this for fun and I don't revise. ❤️