XXII

Third POV

Noor felt her heart dropped down to her stomach hearing him as her eyes quiver in fear.

She was sure Alex told her he won't be awake till tomorrow morning so why is he awake right now?!

The anesthesia Maya injected in Leonardo's body was not strong enough to make him sleep.

It wasn't the intention to make him sleep in the first place. Maya simply injected him with it to reduce the pain and it made him rest for a while too which his body needed the most that time.

He woke up and the grumbling of his stomach visited him first so he went down to the kitchen to make something for himself until Noor came and joined him.

" Turn" he ordered with anger visible in his tone making Noor hesitant to obey because she was scared.

Leonardo could feel his rage surfacing as the aching pain on his chest knocked back with full force but it was least affecting him right now.

He wasn't angry that she was worried about Jack but the fact that she called him by his name felt as if his ego was degraded when Noor mistaken him for Jack.

He felt displeased.

The air was tensed and Noor felt herself as if the world was over her shoulder and wanted to run away from there but she felt her feet permanently cemented on the floor.

A deep irritated groan slipped from Leo's pursed lips as the intense throbbing from his chest did not made him forget his injures for long.

Noor came to her senses as she remembered the bandage around his chest and arm reminding her that he was injured too!.

She swiftly turned and saw the white bandage dissolving with the red stain as her eyebrows pulled together in worry.

She briskly took long strides towards him as her gray orbs did not left his wounded wrapped chest while his gaze scans her distraught expression.

His frame of 6 inch was towering her 5'4 short as he looked at her with his heated gaze which Noor ignored because she was focused on his wound.

" Your wound got opened" she whispered with concern as her mind was all over the place hesitant to touch the injury.

The built up rage and irritation that was once there slowly faded seeing her worried for him.

Noor lifted her hands to touch it but she was hesitant incase she touched somewhere she shouldn't that could cause him pain.

Seeing her hesitancy Leonard made a purposeful groan as if he was in pain and it alerted Noor as she touched his shoulder lightly and looked between the wound and him
" Are you okay?"

Unknowingly he liked the troubled face she was giving him . She was worried. For him.

He was pleased.

His content face instantly changed seeing the untreated bruises on her face as he cupped her face with his uninjured hand taking her by surprise.

Though her face was clean but the bruises were still visible on her.

" Stupid woman" he muttered with a slight frown on his face as he scanned her bruises and unconsciously caressed her cheek.

Noor stepped back at once as she felt his touch and she became self conscious again.

Leonardo gave an intense glare at her action as annoyance surfaced in his black orbs, irritated that she always avoided his touches.

Noor felt intimidated under his gaze and wanted to crawl herself under the blanket away from his heated glare that's boring hole on her.