XLII

Author POV.

"We are getting married"

Noor was silent. She thought she heard it wrong so she just gave a forced smile and ignored what he said " Michelle can you please call Jack?"

" Jack is dead " Leonardo replied emphasizing the last word.

" That's enough!" Noor glared at him
" There is a limit to stepping the line"

" I unwillingly got dragged here for something I did not do and you kept me captive until and unless I clear the forced debt on me." She began reminding him of his condition if she wanted to leave the place.

"And now that the debt is clear you still want to keep me here by what?" She asked with mockingness in her tone when she talked about the debt.

" MARRIAGE?!" Frustration was emitting from her tone and she felt to shout and scream at the unlaughable joke he just said.

The atmosphere became tense as Noor felt like something heavy fall on her shoulder while her legs were trying it's best to stand.

" DO YOU THINK MARRIAGE IS SOME KIND OF JOKE?!" She shouted with her hands fisted into a ball beside her.

Leonardo expected her reaction to be as such and he knew she wouldn't believe him. Why would she?

"Noor...." Michelle called her out trying to catch her attention and it did.

She walked towards Michelle thinking she is the only sane person right now with her as she placed her hands on her both shoulders.

" M-Michelle please call J-Jack. I d-don't want to stay here any longer" Noor begged her but Michelle was looking at her full with pity in her eyes.

Somehow deep down, Noor knows Leonardo is telling the truth but she didn't want to believe it. Now that she is only a step closer to her freedom.

" Noor... he is telling the truth" Michelle said not want to lie to her even if it was for her own good.

Noor felt as if the floor beneath her was snatched away. Her mind still couldn't process or accept what the words came out from Michelle were.

"Heh.... y-you too Michelle..." Michelle felt Noor's hand tremble on her shoulders .

Tears were threatening to fill her sorrowful orbs as she could feel her whole body becoming weak.

The only person to ever give her the love and care she craved. The only person who listens to her, was now gone.

People who genuinely cared for her and wants her the best always ended up leaving her. Is it her fault? Does she not deserve it?

Am I cursed?

" N-no... he c-cant be dead. H-he promised to take m-me today." Noor stuttered with her trembling lips as the threatening tears fall from it's place.

She was on the verge of crying and seeing her Michelle felt bad as she couldn't do anything other than sooth her through.

" It's ok Noor shh" Michelle hugged her as she also silently sobs for her brother's death.

While one was weeping because she felt pity and bad the other was weeping because she lost her only person who was genuine to her.

Noor cried on Michelle for the third family she lost. The family she was planning to have with.

" Get her ready Michelle. The wedding is at evening" Leonardo broke in as Noor broke the hug and turned at him furiously.

" I. AM. NOT. GOING. TO. MARRY. YOU!" Noor was determined in her words while she stressed the each words.