XLI

Author POV

" What do you want." He asked with gritted teeth and the next thing he heard made his body tremble with raising anger as his veins popped from its places.

" Noor."

"Touch her and I will break your fucking neck."

A laughter echoed from the other side of the call as if he heard some kind of joke making him laugh.

" Tsk tsk tsk. You don't understand Leonardo. She is mine." He stressed making it a point for him to be aware of.

" And I am taking back what's mine" Leonardo could feel the smirk on his smug face as he heaved a breath calming down his raging nerves.

" You know what's funny?" He asked with a hint of malicious humor in his voice as if he is having fun of what's happening.

" You have something of mine that you can use against me to lure me out but you can't do it." He informed in a mocking tone as he chuckles like those villains in the movies at their own words " Do you know why?"

" Because you like her. " He laughed at the fact when he saw from the corner how they were so close with each other while talking.

No words were coming out from Leonardo because he knows whatever that bastard said is true .

And besides even if it wasn't he would never involve any humans that has nothing to do with the enemity between him and his nemesis.

Especially woman. Because he was taught better than to overpower a powerless person.

" I haven't had a good laugh for ages. Thanks for that" he said as his ringing laughs decreased.

" Back to the point. You can like her I wouldn't mind, many have liked her" he said with a playful tone turned but it turned into a serious one in matter of seconds.

" But you can't have her" He warned with a forceful voice .

" Oh and... Have you got a hold of your right hand guy? What was his name... umm...." He trailed as if thinking of the name when they both knew he knows the name clearly from his fake tone " Jack Anderson."

" LEO! IT'S RINGING!" Michelle called him out catching his attention while he was still on the phone.

" You better go and talk with your most trusted man for the last time. Who knows if he will ever return or not?" He laughed feeling excited of the event that will happen and curious how Leonardo will react.

" What the fu-"

"LEO! HE ANSWERED THE CALL!" Michelle shouted as she ran to him with Noor following her having a dumbfounded expression on her face unknown of the situation.

Michelle put the phone on speaker but it was having a noisy crackle sound from the other end.

" Hello?? Jack? Can you hear me??" Michelle sounded to make Jack talk but his words were hearing in bits and pieces .

" I think it's network issue?" She added.

The uneasy feeling surfaced once again as Noor fiddled with her fingers. She wasn't sure what's happening, but she knew there was some problem.

"Tik tok tik tok. His time is ticking" The guy informed followed by another of his evil laugh and Leonardo was irritant by his words.

Michelle cut the call and tried calling Jack again and this time they were able to hear his voice clearly with no network issues.

"Thank God! Where are you right now? And why didn't you pick up Leo's call?" She shot him with questions not letting him to answer or talk.

"Oh he answered the call? Too bad it won't be for long" Leonardo hear his nemesis say.