XXXVI

Leonardo POV

To say I was happy was an understatement, I felt over-joyed. Never have I thought she was going to kiss me. All by herself.

I wanted to pull her closer, feeling her small figure pressed against mine closing every small gap possible and hug her tiny waist as I deepen the kiss. 

But before any of that could happen, she backed away as if realizing what she did.

Her face soon turned to different shades of red as her hand went to her lips that was on mine few seconds ago.

Her eyes widened as her face showed guilt and... anxiousness?

Did she regret the kiss?

Our silence was tore by the rumbling sound of hunger from her. Her face scrunched in embarrassment as I tried to hold my smile.

Of course she would be hungry, she looked like she hasn't eaten for days! 

"Stupid woman" I murmured low enough for her to not hear it.

" Let's eat" I said and she was not able to meet my eyes but responded with a nod. 

We ordered Subways and her face seemed to has gotten back its color after she ate her food.

She was sipping on her coke while I was scrolling down my phone and it started ringing. Maya called.

" Wait here" I told her and she nodded as I stood and answer the call " Hello"

" Boss, the coordinate. We solved one." She sighed in relief and excitement lingering in her voice.

" One?" I asked as I remember there are more than one group of stupid numbers we got from Andrew.

"Unfortunately, yes. I tried to solve the others by applying the same method but it was continuous error.

" Mmm. So what did it turn out to be?" 

"That... you have to come here and also... there's something you need to see." She sounded hesitant about something.

"Ok. What about the logo?" That fucking design has been eating my mind ever since. Not even Derek knows about it. 

Is it a new gang somewhere? But anything new happening, either Andrew or Alec would get the news first. 

I suddenly sensed as if someone was watching me. discreetly I let my gaze observe the surrounding while still being on the call but there was nothing suspicious. 

Was it my imagination?

" Nothing yet boss. Alec is still trying to look into it and anyone related or know about it" I heard Maya say.

After talking for a while longer, I cut the call and sighed frustrated. Now we have to go back.

I walked back to her and saw her looking at a small family who were eating together happily two tables away from us.  

Family

Not everyone are lucky to have that. And not everyone are grateful they have it.

The fucking irony.

"Our date ends here. Let's go" I said and she responded but realized what I just said.

"D-date??" She asked as if re-confirming as a smirk appeared on me. 

Oh how I love to tease her.

"No no we are not o-on any date." She tells me trying to make me understand. 

I chuckled at her fluttered face and she was looking at me as if begging me to clear the perplexity in her mind. 

" Really~?" I teased and she thought for a while as if re-thinking her thoughts. Is she really doubting the lie?