1. Sex, drugs, Ect

I hate men.

Like I really, really, hate men.

A man, is the reason I'm here,

A man, is the reason I have a black eye,

A man, is the reason I hate other men,

I just hate men.

I wince and curse as I dab around my blue eye's with my finger, looking at the ugly bruise in the mirror.

I got a fist in my face from Dane, my 'Dad' but I do not call him Dad, he is not my dad, dad's don't hit you, dad's don't beat you for years straight for stupid reasons.

I have not called him 'Dad' since the first time he laid hands on me, when I was eleven.

I'm sixteen now, and I don't scream and cry when he hit's me anymore, I fight back and give him his own bruises.

I was so sick and tired of him hurting me, of being a scared defenseless little girl.

His face when I hit back was priceless! I got a huge beating for it that put me on bed rest for two weeks but it was worth it, to see the shock and disbelief on his face, to know I won't cower away from him anymore.

I laugh quietly before moving away from the mirror, putting my black hair up into a ponytail while walking down the hallway to the front door.

Dane left after he hit me and I decked him back, he was piss poor drunk, could barely stand he actually stumbled when I hit him in the nose.

It was kind of funny, I would have laughed if it weren't for the throbbing and blurriness in my eye.

He's most likely at the liquor store or buying crack, one or the other. So I can safely leave my room without the fucker starting shit.

I slam the front door shut and go down the steps of the old creaky house. Pulling out a cigarette from my pocket and lighting it up.

Hey, don't judge me! It calms me. I blame Lukas for getting me hooked on them.

I inhale and exhale the smoke as I walk down the street, the sun is setting, it's going to be pitch black soon but night walks are my favourite. It's so peaceful and surprisingly quiet, considering the neighborhood I live in isn't the safest.

I honestly hate my life, I mean who wouldn't?

I get hit everyday, been getting hit for years, by my supposed 'Dad'.

I never knew my mother, Dane said she abandoned me because she did not want me.

I grew up with Dane being absent and neglective, almost starving to death because we were too poor to buy food.

I'm failing school, that's partly my fault, I was too drained and tired to even focus on school.

But I never really tried in the first place anyway.

Not to mention the bullying but that stopped when I started defending myself, with my fist.

Like father like daughter, ha.

I don't go to school anymore so I don't have to worry about all that now.

I have one friend, well not really friend.

We kind of just use each other for things like, cigarettes, alcohol...sex..

Yeah, don't judge me, I didn't exactly have a great role model!

His name is Lukas Brown.

He's the only man I don't hate, he doesn't abuse women.

His father beats him though, that's how we bonded actually.

Two lonely teenagers, both battered and bruised, meet each other at a gas station. One offers to share his smoke, the other agrees.

Perfect love story!

Anyways, that's where I'm heading to right now, to meet Lukas at the some park.

Wearing my oversized Michael Myers t-shirt and baggy tracksuit pants and ratted up converse shoes, I stroll down the footpath, gazing at the sunset.

Is it just me that finds Michael Myers attractive?

It's a few more blocks before I make it and it's already dark but I see the lights from his truck in the parking lot.

Lukas has his own car, saved it up from drug dealing or whatever other criminal stuff he does.

He's also three years older then me.

Nineteen and sixteen..

Yeah not exactly legal, but we met when I was thirteen and he was fifteen turning sixteen so he's not a pedophile or anything.

He only turned nineteen like a week ago anyway!

I open the passenger side door and slide in.

I'm met with him practically attacking my lips with his like a starved animal.

"Woah woah! Hello to you too." I laugh breathlessly and kiss him back before pushing him away.

He smirks when we finally make eye contact "Hey." he rasps.

My smile dims when I see his cut bruised lip, he winces when he sees my black eye.

"I hate our fathers." we say at the exact same time and we both freeze and look at each other, then laugh out loud.

"You got vodka?" I ask impatiently, practically testing it on my tongue already. I've been craving it all day.

I don't drink all the time, only some nights when I'm feeling shitty, tonight is one of those nights.

He shakes his head with a smirk before reaching behind to the back seat pulling out a vodka bottle and lemonade fizzy drink to go with it.

"Giving alcohol to a minor, what a great adult I am." he snickers before mixing my drink in a empty water bottle.

I laugh "Yeah I know right! It's not like you were getting black out drunk at twelve years old." I joke back before taking the bottle from his grinning self and taking a sip.

I love night's like this, sitting in the car, in a empty parking lot, drinking away our problems. Makes me happy until I sober up and want to kill myself again.

Lukas turns up the music and we sit in a comfortable silence, sharing the drink between us and listening to Metallica.

It took me a while to actually trust Lukas, since he was a male and I was thirteen and thought he was just going to be like Dane.

But he's sweet, nothing like his father or mine.

"I got a job." Lukas speaks up out of nowhere.

I choke on my drink before coughing and look at him shocked.

"That's great Lukas! What is it, where is it!" I say in excitement, I'm so happy and proud of him! He's going to actually do something with his life, just a few weeks ago we thought we were just going to drink our lives away.

He smiles brightly as he looks my way, his green eyes shining bright and his gaze a little bit hazy from the alcohol.

"This mechanic shop an hour and a half away in Lawrence, the guy Fred who owns the shop offered for me to take over since he's retiring and he knows I'm good at cars!" He says giddily, happy to have his first job, he's been wanting this for ages, to get away from the drug dealing and his father, get out of this boring small town.

I reach over and kiss him, he kisses back and pulls me onto his lap and we kiss happily before pulling away "I'm happy for you Lukas."

He smirks up at me "show me just how happy you are then."

He looks at the back-seat and I throw my head back with a laugh before lowering my lips to his ear "climb over then." I whisper.

I've never seen someone take their pants off so quick.

14/1/23
Fun fact; I'm writing this with a black eye I got from my "father" 🤪