7. black and blue

When I get out of the shower, which was awesome by the way, I change into a new pair of undergarments and stand in front of the mirror in my walk in closet.

Yes. I have a whole ass walk in closet.

My hand skims across the bruises on my stomach I had gotten from Dane the other day.

Prick.

They don't hurt as much but still so dark and just plain ugly.

The small bruise on my eye has already started to fade, none of my other brothers questioned it so I'm guessing Zach told them the fake basketball incident.

Or they just don't care.

I pick out army colored cargo pants and a tight black tank top with my black leather jacket and combat boots and toss them on.

Now I wait until everyone's asleep so I can leave.

____

Zayden came by my door around six to tell me to come eat dinner, I declined and said I wasn't Hungry and that I was just going to bed.

He let me off thankfully.

So for the next few hours I sit around scrolling on social media, listening to music to pass the time.

Around eleven thirty is when I hear the entire apartment in silence.

I jump up in excitement and head to the door but freeze and turn around to the suit case that is still unzipped.

I dig through it for a bit trying to find the box, praying that the random man who packed my things grabbed it.

Without opening it...

"Yes!" I whisper shout when I found it under a few jumpers.

I pull the black small box out and open it, pushing it open to reveal my small hand gun.

This one is real unlike the fake ones Lukas and I used to rob that convenience store.

I grab it and just look at it for a moment.

I found it in a cardboard box with the writing "Sophia Graham" written across it.

I found it in Dane's closet when I was snooping around looking for money.

I've had it for about a year and he's never noticed it's been gone.

Thankfully, or I would have gotten a huge beating for that.

My finger runs along the S.G engraved into the guns handle.

I don't know if I'm right but I'm guessing this was my mother's gun.

I look down in the small box and see the necklace I took as well.

A simple gold necklace with a S charm.

I never wore it because Dane would have probably recognized it, but since he's dead I can finally put it on.

I set the gun down and pick the necklace up and put it around my neck.

I peer down at it with a small smile, I like to think that my mother loved me, even if she never met me.

I stand up, grabbing the gun and shoving it in the back of my pants, my jacket covering the handle from anyone's view.