23. Night visitor

"Can I talk to you Gen?" Zayden's voice stops my retreat to my room.

We had just finished eating dinner and to say it wasn't awkward would be a lie.

Xander wasn't present at the silent dinner, he's been gone all day but I felt Zayden and Gunner's sad filled glances.

It was annoying.

Thankfully Zach and Graham kept their eyeballs to themselves.

I sigh and turn to Zayden "Sure" I shrug.

He coughs before stuffing his hands into his pants pocket.

"I just wanted to say you can talk to me, about anything" he hesitated, like he wasn't sure what to say.

"A-and" he clears his throat "and that I'm sorry Gen. You did not deserve what you're dad did to you"

"He's not my dad" I state firmly. I hate when Dane is referred to as dad.

He's not a dad, he never was.

Father is fine but never dad.

His face saddens and he nods "of course, sorry"

I nod with a strained smile.

"Again if you need to talk about anything, come to me. Or maybe we can get you a therapist!" He suggested, hope on his face.

I snort.

No way in hell will I tell a random shrink my life story.

"Thanks Zayden but I don't need to talk to anyone, I'm fine!" I reassure him confidently.

He doesn't look like he believes me at all.

"Well I'm tired so goodnight, Zay" I yawn before turning down the hall again but not without seeing a small smile spread across his face after hearing my nickname for him.

____

My eyes shoot open as soon as I hear a thump against my door.

My hand instantly reaches for my gun I keep in my bed side table.

I curse when I remember Zach took the bullets out.

"Gen" I hear a quiet slurred voice.

I freeze.

My door opens then and a body slumps forward onto the floor with a groan.

"Fucking hell.."

Xander?

I sigh in annoyance.

What the hell is Xander doing in my room at, I check the time on my phone, three in the fucking morning!

Giving me a heart attack for no reason.

He shakily gets to his feet and shuts the door, I can see okay with my blinds open, the bright city lightening my room perfectly.

He crosses the room to me and face plants onto my bed.

Ok...

He just lays there, his face smushed into the mattress.

I look around awkwardly, not sure what is happening.

I'm barely even awake.

What the fuck is he doing?

"Xander" I push his shoulder.