11. Emergency room

School ended about thirty minutes ago.

I've been walking for the same amount.

I refuse to get into the same car as Xander.

So as soon as the bell sounded I walked right out of the building, out the gate and started heading towards the nearest emergency room for my hand.

With the help of Google maps because I have no idea how to get there without it.

I still have another hour of walking to get there.

I'm starting to regret my decision because my feet are starting to kill me but I really need to get my hand checked, it's in so much pain.

And I didn't want to ask any of my brothers to take me, I caused this problem so I can deal with it myself.

Plus it'll be embarrassing to tell them that I broke my hand from punching a wall.

I don't even have my earphones either so I can't even listen to music.

Miss bunion wouldn't give them back to me, can teachers even do that? Take your stuff and just not give them back to you?

No wonder she's "Miss" not "Mrs."

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my ringtone.

It's another number I don't know, not Zachariah because I added him to my contacts.

I decide to answer it this time mostly because I'm bored walking.

I press answer and bring it up to my ear.

"Where the fuck are you Genesis!?"

Xander's voice screams through the speaker.

Great, who gave this prick my number?

"I'm walking" I bluntly reply.

It's silent for a beat before more shouts are heard.

"Are you fucking stupid? It's dangerous to be fucking walking alone, didn't Zayden already tell you this shit! You can get hurt dumbass!" He fumes, I can hear Gunner in the backyard asking questions but he just gets ignored.

I scoff "like you fucking care what happens to me" and then I hang up, not wanting to listen to his crap.

He calls a few more times but I don't answer and just put my phone on silent.

____

I arrive at the emergency room an hour later, I can literally feel my legs almost buckle from that long ass walk.

I'm really not fit.

I go up to the receptionist and smile kindly.

"Hello just here to get my hand checked, I think I've broken it"

She smiles tiredly and eyes my school uniform "Sorry sweetie but your going to need a parent or guardian present with you before anything gets checked"

My smile drops, that completely did not cross my mind. Shit.

"Oh um okay thanks" I say defeated, I walk over and drop into one of the seats in the waiting and lean my forehead into my hand, my good hand.

What a waste of time.

Sometimes I truly hate being a minor.

I'll rest here for a while before I walk all the way back to the apartment.

I'm going to be in so much trouble now.