Epilogue

Five years later

Little feet pound down the stairs, excited giggles leaving the child's mouth.

The little girl rushes into the dining room, squealing when she spots the presents and chocolate cake, slapping the colorful balloons as she reaches the table.

Her hand is just about to touch the cake's icing when she's suddenly scooped up, screaming as she's tossed up in the air and falling back into strong arms.

"And what do you think you're doing, Claudia Knox?" a pretend stern voice asks.

Genesis had named Claudia after Kaiden's late sister, when Gen had told Kai the name of their daughter in the delivery room all those years ago, Kaiden had sobbed.

The girl giggles and tries to wiggle her way out of her father's arms "Let me go daddy!"

Kaiden looks down at his daughter with a big grin before grabbing onto her ankle and hanging her upside down "what's the magic word?"

Claudia screeches and laughs as she hangs upside down, hands waving around.

"it's my birthday! you have to listen to me" she tells her dad, arms now crossed.

Kaiden laughs down at his stubborn kid, who's got her arms crossed as she casually hangs upside down.

"Put her down kai, before she starts screaming for her uncles and they come bashing down the door with their G-U-N-S" a new voice joins, heels clicking against the marble floor.

"Mommy!"

Genesis rounds the corner, her black hair curled with a light blue dress that stands out against her blue eyes.

Kaiden's mouth parts as he stares at his girlfriend, never getting sick of her beauty.

Kaiden sets his daughter back down, not before tickling her which causes her to laugh and scream.

Claudia runs to her mother, arms wrapping around her legs, her big brown eyes looking up to her big blue ones.

Genesis smiles softly down at her child, pushing her black hair behind her little ear.

"Happy birthday Clau-bear!" Gen cheers, shaking her daughter's arms lightly causing her to giggle.

Claudia smiles wide "can I open my presents now?"

Genesis raises her brow expectingly.

Claudia sighs "can I open my presents, please."

Gen hums "of course Babygirl, let's go!"

Claudia tugs on her mom's hand and pulls, Genesis looks back to Kaiden who's leaning against the wall watching his family with a soft smile.

Gen grins before pushing her hand out towards him, kai takes her hand and now they're both being pulled by their daughter to the table full of presents and sweets.

not even five minutes later all the presents are open and Claudia gushes over them, from the toys to the pretty clothes and nail polish.

Genesis and Kaiden watch her squeal with laughs, Gen who is sitting on Kais's lap leans against his chest fully with a little smile.

"Mommy, can we please paint my nails!" Claudia asks excited, rushing over to her parents.

Gen nods and goes to stand but kai pulls her back down, she scowls and punches him in the side, and he let's go with a chuckle.

"After your bath we will, come on. we have your birthday party soon "Genesis agrees and holds her daughters hand getting ready to walk upstairs.

"Have fun painting nails, mommy!" kai calls out, a little smirk on his scarred face.