ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚: ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕤

(The sans doll looks like this ^)

Y/n's POV

Time really seems to be flying by here. Haven't heard much from the Star Sans' and I finally got a look at the dates and I've been here for like four months! After the most recent event I've been- more cautious. I can't let them see me as weaker than I already am... Uh- Let's change the topic! Cross told me about a library here soooo I'm off to check it out.

I'm walking down the deceptively endless hall, when I see Error standing there, back to me, seemingly lost in thought. I continue walking in his direction before confirming that he is definitely lost in his thoughts . "Hey Error!" l call out to him, he sputters a bit, (verbally and apparently physically) as his entire frame appears to glitch out for a moment before calming down quickly. "O-oH. hUmAn WhAt A nOt So P-PlEasSaNt SuRpRiSe." He groans, turning to face me with an annoyed expression. I feel my mood dampen a little but nonetheless I don't let it show. "Hey, do you know where the library is? I still can't work my way around this place..." I nervously chuckle as Error simple rolls his eyes at me. "dOwN tHe HaLl, TuRn LeFt, FiRsT dOoR oN tHe RiGhT."

"Oh, thank god, I've been walking aimlessly for about half an hour, I suck at directions." I chuckle again. But Error seems to freeze up a little. "You, ok?" Error glitches out again, "JuSt A bUfFeR... y-yOuR'e ReAlLy MaKiNg YoUrSeLf CoMfOrTaBlE hErE, aReN'tChA-ChA." His demeanor is bored as he seems to be trying to make small talk. "Well, I'm just trying to make the best of things. Honestly, I think I might be starting to like this place-"

"DoN't GeT uSeD tO iT." He cuts me off, voice harsh. "ThErE iS nO pLaCe FoR a HuMaN hErE." His words cause my chest to tighten and my throat to close in on itself. The venom-laced word, human, bounced around my head as he continued, "ThE qUiCkEr YoU rEaLiSe ThAt ThE bEtTeR. DaMn ANoMaLiE. YoUr NoThInG mOrE tHaN a DiSpeNsAbLe AsSeT." Muttering the last sentence, though still loud enough for me to hear. He walks off, passing me as he avoids any sort of contact. ...That was fucking rude, it's not like I plan to stick around with a bunch of killers forever. Taking a deep breath, and slowly releasing it as I head the direction Error stated to go. But after taking a couple of steps I notice a small doll on the ground, picking it up I scan over it. It's a little Sans doll, (gotta keep the skeleton theme I guess), but this one's wearing a lab coat. Huh? A doll? Does... does Error sleep with a doll 🥺. Despite the earlier spat I quickly turn to call out to Error, but he's already gone. "...Whelp, guess it can't be helped. You're my friend now, we're having soft tacos later!" After memeing I continue on my quest for books!

Now! Left here and... "Go into the very obvious, fancy ass doors... damn I wonder if these guys are like loaded or they just killed monarch AU and stole their doors." I mutter to myself as I stare at the pristine wood and its gorgeous design. Pushing against the door with a loud creak, I look inside as my eyes widen to see the most magical sight you could imagine. A gallery of books. Books stacked to the ceilings, the shelves themselves twist and bend. There are rows, among rows of bookshelves with rolling ladders and so. Many. BEANBAGS!

There were the occasional couch and a few desks here and there but in a place like this you could get lost for all eternity. I think I even spotted Shizu off to one corner looking at the books on the higher shelves. I could feel a huge smile tug on my face as I rush inside to scan the hundreds, no thousands of books they had. Holy shit! I should've come here sooner! Oh my precious books~
Soon enough I'm doing the cliché main character moment of running through the library running my fingers along the spins of the books, rolling around on the ladders and books piling around me as I find many books of my taste and plop myself on a nearby beanbag. The sheer amount of books pretty much wall me off from the rest of the world as I sat the doll on my lap and time passes on without us.