Chapter 21 - Luther//Hitting The Road

So I did the Kylie Jenner lip thing with a cap to something...i liked how it looked although it only lasted for like 30 mins, and it bruised my lips. Just, do yourselves a flavor and don't do it. It's a waist of time. You all are beautiful just the way you are ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Before I even had time to react to what was inside the bin, my phone vibrated deep within my wet pocket, causing me to cringe. As quickly as I could, I pulled it out and flipped it open.

"What is it Gomez?" I asked, not daring to tell him about Ava.

"Uh, the hundreds of envelopes of weed that I had behind that plywood in the trunk..." he began. "THEY'RE GONE, LUTHER!"

I shrugged, even though Gomez couldn't see it. "Okay...?"

"You wouldn't happen to know where my thousands of dollars worth of pot is, would you?"

I stared into the bin. "Um...you might want to just come back into the house."

Without saying anything else, I slammed the phone shut and shoved it back into my pocket. This certainly was not going as planned. Well, there wasn't really a plan to begin with...

Gomez came bursting in through the door to the basement.

"Luther, what the hell is going on here?" he asked, observing the open bin, yet no Ava.

I gestured with my eyes toward the bin. He walked over to it, peered into it and started muttering curses to himself.

"That clever bitch..." he whispered.

"What did you just call her?" I breathed.

He looked back towards me. "How did she escape?" he asked, ignoring my question.

"How the hell should I know?" I replied defensively. "The bin was still duct taped shut when I went to open it."

He put his hand to his hip and ran his other one over his shiny head.

"We have to find her."

I nodded curtly as we sprinted out of the house. We looked up and down the streets, the rain certainly not making it any easier to see across long distances.

"Gomez, I'm pretty sure that she went back to her house," I shouted to him. He ran towards me.

"Then get in the damn car," he ordered. I hopped into the passenger seat of his jalopy. Gomez ran into his house and came out moments later carrying the bin full of weed. I got out and helped him load it back into the trunk. We got into the car and zoomed to Ava's house.

"Why did you grab the weed?" I asked him.

"Once we find Ava, we are going on a little trip. I need that for money."

"To where?"

He looked over to me, malice in his blazing green eyes. "Some place desert-y."

I lifted a brow but said nothing further. There was no way we were going to Mexico. We weren't too far from the boarders, however. I wandered...

Before the vehicle even came to a stop, I ran out of the car and sprinted towards Ava's house. I bursted through the front door and looked around.

I reached into my pocket, realizing that I hadn't left Ava's car keys in it. I recalled tossing them onto the couch when we first entered the house. Looking over to the couch, I saw that the keys were gone.

"Shit..." I murmured.

I ran back outside. Gomez had gotten out and began walking towards me. "Is she in there?"