Chapter 40 ~ Luther//Sneaking

Gomez went to bed once we arrived home. It was the first time in a few days that he hadn't gone out to seal a drug deal. I paced back and forth around the house, silently creeping about.

I had to escape. I had to get out of there. I was going to suffocate, to scream, to burst through a wall if I remained there any longer. I wanted to see Ava. I wanted to look at her face.

I needed to kill somebody.

Desperate to see what it was that people were up to, I snuck into Gomez's room and stole his laptop. The password request came up. Realizing that I didn't know what the password was, I clicked the hint button. The hint was: A name no one knows.

Wow... I thought sarcastically to myself. He made his own name his password.

I typed in his name, Antonio, and snuck back out and sat at the kitchen table with it. I didn't have a personal social media page on any of those websites, but I had made fake ones so that I could still see what people were up to.

As soon as I logged into one, images of people with their Halloween costumes popped up in my newsfeed. I rolled my eyes at the slutty girl's lack of creativity with their short skirts and animal ears.

I scrolled through. There was one group of people I was particularly interested to see if they had dressed as they normally had in years previous.

To no surprise, of course they had. I smirked to myself. That damn ginger and his group of barbarians had all gathered in front of a large bathroom mirror and taken a selfie of them all wearing the same thing. My smirk grew wider. This year had been better than all of the ones in the past. There was no doubt of who they looked like now.

I scrolled down more to see a poster for the school's Halloween dance that was going to happen on that following Saturday.

"Interesting..." I said to myself. "I wonder if Ava is going to that."

I didn't bother looking for her. I had searched for her on social media websites before, finally giving up when I realized that she didn't have one. But there was one way I could find out if she was going or not.

I went to Nate's page and the first picture on his feed was of him and Ava, dressed up in Halloween costumes. Anger fumed inside of me. She was going to that dance with Nate. And as Lois Lane, too. It was like she was trying to provoke me. Well, I wasn't going to take it. Not any more. With the boys dressing up in their usual costumes, especially that year, since they were so well put together, it was going to be much easier than I thought getting what I wanted. The only obstacle now was Gomez.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The following Saturday, I stayed tucked up at the house all day while Gomez went out to go and buy candy for that night. I snooped around the house looking for ways to escape. I searched through all of the secret hiding places that he had for his drugs and weapons, and still found no way out. I was beginning to give up, until I went back into my room.

I looked up to the ceiling inside of the closet in there, to see a small, rectangular outline. It looked as though someone had taken an exact-o knife and cut a door in the ceiling. Intrigued, I pulled a chair up to the closet and inspected it.

There was no handle on it to pull it down. After investigating a bit more, I decided to push on it. It gave away slightly, small bits of popcorn ceiling and paint coming down from the cracks, followed by a trail of dust. I coughed a bit. I pushed it once more, and it lifted up. I slid it to the side and hoisted myself up to see what was in the ceiling.

Inside appeared to be nothing but a dusty attic, completely empty. I looked up. There was some sort of dome-like skylight that I had never noticed from outside before. I pushed on it, and it popped right open. Smiling to myself, I stood up and looked out. It lead right to the rooftop. I could easily jump down from the one story house and get the hell out of there.

I climbed back into the small room that I had discovered and sat there for a moment in my triumph. Suddenly, I heard all of the locks on the door start to click. Quickly, I shut the skylight, climbed into my room and put the piece of ceiling back to its original spot. I closed the closet and moved the chair away from it.

"Lex?" Gomez called.

I slowly stepped out into the hallway. "Yes...?"

"What where you doing in there?"

I shrugged. "Nothing..."

Gomez gave me a suspicious look while raising his eyebrow, but set the bag of candy he had gotten on the table. "Listen," he began, putting his keys on the counter and taking off his coat. "Trick-or-treaters are going to come around in about an hour. I want you to go into your room and I want you to stay there for the rest of the night, do I make myself clear?"

I nodded. "Oh...yes..." I said sadistically. "Crystal."

             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I am so terribly sorry of how short that this chapter was. I wanted to do one with Ava's POV before I reveal what Luther does next....BWAHAHAHAHAHA sorry I am so evil.

Once Outlawry is over, the sequel WILL NOT be posted right away. So, to tide you over until then, I am starting a book rendition of the movie: Stalked at 17.

It's a really good movie that inspired a lot of my writing, so if you want to read it, please give it a go, and tell me how it compares to the film! Thanks again for all of your support! Outlawry was #3 today in Mystery/Thriller!!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you guys!