Chapter 34 - Luther//Plans in Motion

Just a 'lil edit I made ;) I hope y'all enjoy it

~*~*~*~*~*~

I locked myself inside of the dark room I was in and laid on the floor on my side, watching as the shadows shifted across the windows. Raindrops fell softly onto the glass as the hidden sun slipped beneath the horizon. Thunder rumbled in the distance. The setting was peaceful, yet disturbing. Exactly how I liked it.

My mind raced with the sorts of things that I could do to Samantha. I really wanted to take her back to my house to use my morgue tools on her. But, I couldn't go back to my house. The police would be waiting for me there. And even if they weren't there when I got home, they would find all the blood and guts strewn all over the place that signified a murder.

"Dammit..." I muttered to myself. I really wanted to dissect a human. That was one of the most inhumane ways that I could kill somebody. It was also a way that I had never killed anybody before, and I was anxious to try it out. My hands were itching to experience the sensation of flesh ripping under a scalpel.

I rubbed my finger under my nose to scratch it before turning my body to lay on my other side. This time, I faced the door. I hadn't heard Gomez walk about the house since I shut myself up in there. Perhaps he got drunk and slept out in the living room, or did he leave for some reason?

I got up and unlocked the door. With caution, I walked out of the room as the floor creaked beneath my light feet. Stealthily making my way down the hallway to the kitchen, ghastly shadows cast themselves as the dim light of the street lights out side somehow made its way inside through the cracks in the window's blinds and curtains.

There was no one in the kitchen or the living room. I would've heard his heavy steps if he had thumped his way back to his room. I furrowed my brows. But I hadn't heard him leave the house either.

I saw something on the table, so I swiftly walked over to see what it was that was not there earlier. It was a note. Curious, I seized the paper and examined it closely in the darkness.

It read, "Luther, I went out to sell a little bit of kush. I had a few appointments with clients while we were away that I never got to attend to. I will be back by, at the latest, 2 a.m. Do not leave this house under any circumstances."

Rolling my eyes, I set the note back down on the table. I turned around and looked at the house. Gomez's house was so boring. It always was. I remember coming in there as a little child while my parents visited, and absolutely hating every minute of it.

His house reeked of weed, all the while, as the smell had sunken into the wood planks of the house. His T.V. was small and meager, only getting in about 10 channels, on account that he only had antenna. His furniture was boring. He didn't have any good food. And pets? What pets?

Since there was no reason at the time to leave the house, I decided to go back into the bedroom that I was in before. This time, I laid down on the bed and pulled the covers over me.

I thought about Ava and how I felt about her. I loved her deeply. But, for some reason she didn't love me back. Why was that? I had done everything I could to prove my love to her. Either way, if she wouldn't fall in love with me, I would have to FORCE her to love me. And I already had a plan in action for how that was going to happen...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thursday was a tedious, grey morning, all the while the kitchen was filled with gloom and emptiness. Just how I liked it.

Gomez and I were gathered around the table, eating cereal while he read the newspaper. Suddenly, he threw it down onto the table in a rage. I looked up from my dull cereal bowl.