Chapter 23 - Ava//A Cigarette Smoking Taco

The brunet boy leaned into the window of Gomez's crap car. The blond one held me back as I desperately tried to get back to them. Gomez and Luther may have kidnapped me, but I knew that Luther had no intent of killing me. And Gomez certainly had no intent of doing any harm to me, and would stop Luther from doing any to me as well. But with these boys, I knew that they had no thought of ever returning me home, as I desperately hoped Gomez had, and no one was there to protect me.

All of a sudden, I heard a piercing gunshot. To my horror, I looked up to see that Luther was clutching his shoulder. I only caught a glimpse of him before I let out a blood curdling scream and Gomez thrust the car in reverse and zoomed off, the dust from the wheels choking me.

"Com'mon, sweat heart," the blond said, pushing me into the house. "Let's have some fun."

My heart pounded into my chest. I had a strange feeling in my heart. At that moment, I longed for Luther. Why? Was it because he was shot? That he loved me and would protect me from everyone? Well, with the exception of himself. It confused me.

The brunet began walking towards us.

"What's your name, babe?" he asked me, reaching a hand out and gripping my chin with it, forcing my head up.

"Why should I tell you?" I asked through gritted teeth.

He shrugged as the blond behind me chuckled to himself. He positioned his tongue to stick out in the side of his cheek with his lips parted open as he stared down at me with his big, brown eyes. "Because I said so, missy."

"Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine."

The brunet pretended to be offended as the blond chuckled again.

"Fine, princess. You're strong, I like you." I lifted a brow nonchalantly. "But your courage ain't gonna last long in here." He took a step back. "I'm R.J. He's Sean."

I looked down, not realizing that they were going to comply and f-up my plans. "I'm Ava..." I whispered weakly.

"Ava?" R.J. asked. I nodded. "You're name is going to be the Ava Wave, got it?"

I crinkled my brows. "The...Ava Wave?"

"Yeah, cuz you got wavy hair." I rolled my eyes. "But we're going to have to do something about that attitude."

"What do you want with me?"

The boys exchanged a sinister glance. "That's our business," Sean said.

I curled up my eyebrows and looked around as they shoved me into a chair.

"Stay here," R.J. demanded, tying my wrists and ankles to the armrests and legs of the chair.

"Do I have a choice...?" I muttered.

R.J. suddenly lost his temper. He whipped out the gun and put it next to my head and leaned in real close to my face. I let out a gasp, but he clasped his hand over my mouth.

"Listen, Ava Wave, you'd better shape up that attitude of yours, or you'll get something way worse than what's already coming to you. Got it?" I closed my eyes and quickly nodded my head. "Good."

He released me and began walking out of the room with Sean.

I looked around the room that I was in. It was dark and smelled like it hadn't been cleaned since...ever. I crinkled my nose as I tried to breath in through my mouth, which only resulted in drying out my throat and chapping my lips, which was not something that I wanted.

Why had Gomez left? And who was Taco? I almost chuckled to myself when I thought of the name. Taco? Well, he must just not want anybody to know his real name, kind of like Gomez. Was there some sort of connection?