Chapter 29 - Luther//Recovery

Gomez drove us back to his sister's house. She had left, as she had promised, leaving the house empty and sweltering. I was ready to finally just lay back and sleep. My shoulder burned with pain from all of the jumping around I had done earlier that day.

Gomez put his gun into a drawer and locked it. He turned to us and clicked on the kitchen lights. "Sit down at the table," he requested.

Ava and I both took a seat at the circular dining room table, where a rusty light hung above us. Gomez sat down with us and interlaced his fingers together as he laid his thick arms on the table.

"So," he began. "Ava. I brought us here in the first place because I can't have you telling the police anything." She nodded.

"I know."

"What Luther did, has been doing, I should say, was stupid, and he needs to put an end to it. But it's not his fault. He can't think straight. You know that."

She swallowed hard. "Yes, I know that."

He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms against his large chest. "So, when we return home, what are you going to tell everybody? You already told someone that Luther had kidnapped you. They already suspect him, for he is gone too. Look." He pulled out a newspaper and slid it across the table to her. She looked down at it. "He's wanted now. So no matter what we do, he is at least going to get arrested for questioning if they catch him."

I glanced at the paper myself. My school picture was on the front page along with a long paragraph explaining my mental issues as well as the events leading up to Ava's disappearance.

"What do I say when I get back home?" she asked.

He shrugged. "Tell your mother that you ran away because you didn't like the town."

"And what about for my disappearance?" I asked.

Gomez turned his attention towards me. "As far as the police will know, you are dead. You are not going back to school, or your home. You'll be staying with me, is that clear?" I rolled my eyes and nodded like a child.

"I don't see what all of the fuss is about..." I muttered.

"You did exactly what I told you not to!" he exclaimed, slamming his fist down on the table. This caused Ava to jump a little bit. "You sexually assaulted Ava after you had tried to kill me, and on top of that, you kidnapped her out of school when I specifically told you to leave her alone!"

"Well if you put it that way..."

"Gomez," Ava spoke softly. "Please, calm down. I am not going to tell anyone." A tear rolled down her face.

"Ava, none of this is your fault," Gomez assured. "It's all on him. He needs to learn to control himself. And stop...killing people, and raping you."

"I'm not going to rape her again!" I exclaimed. She stared at me. "I'm never going to hurt her again."

"But, why?" she asked. "I don't understand, Luther! Tell me!" I furrowed my brows at her. "I don't know why I am so special to you!"

"I don't know why either!" I shouted back at her, causing her to shrink back a bit. She turned her head away from me and crossed her arms defensively. "Ava, I-I'm sorry..." I apologized. "I'm sorry." I reached out to touch her arm, but retracted my hand. I didn't trust it.

"Regardless," Gomez said, rolling his eyes at us. "We can't stay here long. Taco is going to find us."

"I thought you took care of Taco..." Ava said.

"We tied him up," Gomez answered. "But we didn't 'take care' of him."

"Is that slang for something?" she asked. "What does that mean?"

"Figure it out."

Her eyes widened with realization when she realized it meant murder. "Oh..."

"We are going to leave at sun rise tomorrow," Gomez announced. "When we arrive back into town, Ava, I am going to drop you off at the park that separates our neighborhoods. Oh, and make sure to come up with a decent excuse as to why your car window is broken." She nodded. He turned his attention to me. "And Luther, you will not leave my house for a single minute until I tell you that you are allowed to."

"What am I supposed to do?" I whined. "Your house is so boring, it's just money and weed all over the place!"

"I'll buy you a flatscreen and a ginuea pig, how does that sound?"

"A ginuea pig?" I asked.

"It will be a therapy pet. It will help you interact peacefully with other living things. If you hurt or kill it, then I am going to have to punish you. You won't like how I punish you."

I raised my eyebrows. "That's gay, man."

He let out a laugh. "Oh, what do you know?"

Rolling my eyes, I rose up from the table and laid down at the couch. "I'm sleepy," I announced. "I'm going to try to sleep."

"Me too," Ava said.

"Come on, Chica," Gomez said. They stood up and started walking down the hallway. "You can sleep in Ariana's room."

As their voices faded down the hall, my eyes slid shut and my mind drifted into a world where there was nothing wrong with me, I had friends, and Ava was in love with me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry, mega short chapter, just a filler.

Exciting, murderous things will be happening soon. Please vote and comment! Some inline comments would be nice...