Chapter 42 ~ Luther//Dirty Deed Numero Dos

Gomez hurried me into my bedroom as soon as 7'o'clock rolled around. "Stay in here for the rest of the night and don't come out until I come to get you."

I lifted a brow. "And when will that be, Gomez?"

He shrugged. "Most people should be done trick-or-treating at around midnight. I'll come let you out then if you're still awake."

I nodded and laughed in my head. That gave me an enormous window of time. And the plan that I had was glorious. Infallible. Perfect.

Earlier on that day, I had been snooping through the cabinets and cupboards while Gomez was outside setting up decorations for Halloween. While I was snooping, I found something interesting in there. Ipecac syrup.

I remembered that Gomez once told me that he had it, in case someone would try and kill him by poison, so he could throw it up before it took effect. Before Gomez could come back inside, I swiped it from the kitchen and hid it in my pant pockets.

Gomez left the room and locked it from the outside. I looked up towards the ceiling inside of the closet, as I heard trick-or-treaters already come to the door. Gomez answered the door, greeted by the muffled sound of children screaming the juvenile request.

I moved the chair back over to where I had put it earlier that day when I first discovered the new exit. I climbed onto it and opened up the ceiling as I did before and climbed through. I popped open the skylight, hopped onto the roof and climbed down the ladder that Gomez had previously positioned on the side of the house. I heard him close the door and watched as the trick-or-treaters left the house and walked along the sidewalk to the next one.

Quickly, I pulled my hoodie over my head and walked along the side walk over to the next neighborhood over. I went into my old house and dug out a small, yet very sharp knife. I put that into my pants as well and walked in the direction of the school.

As I was walking, Ava's car drove by me. I covered my face with the hood so that she wouldn't see me. I smirked to myself.

So easy.

After about 15 minutes of walking, I arrived at the school. I saw the group of boys dressed as me walk inside of the school. I waited about a minute after they went in before I too walked inside.

A man and a woman were sitting at a table taking money to get into the dance. I had assumed that they would need some form of ticket to get in, so I brought with me a 10 dollar bill. I handed it to them.

"Student ID please," the man requested.

"I didn't bring it with me," I said. "I'm with those boys who just walked in."

"I think he's fine," the woman said. "Let him in."

The tired looking man rolled his eyes. "Fine," he admitted. "Go on ahead."

I nodded at him and walked into the dance. People were acting completely brainless: twerking, spilling drinks. I even saw one guy crowd surfing. Amongst the hordes of people, I spotted Ava and Nate nearby. I scowled at the sight of her smiling at him.

Quickly as I could, I took out the ipecac syrup and stealthily poured the contents of the bottle into the giant bowl of punch. I took the ladle, mixed it into the drink, and stepped away. I hid behind a corner as I watched Nate drink some of it. I waited to see if Ava would drink any as well, but she didn't.

The two of them walked into the gymnasium together and started to play a game. I glared at them through the doors, even though they couldn't see it.

Suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder. "Hey," a feminine voice spoke.

Agitated, I turned around to look at who it was. Her name was Alyssa, and she was a hard-core emo girl. Someone I might be into if she didn't mind my stench of death. And if she was Ava.