🌎Losing Interest🌎

Tears prick the corners of my eyes as I continue the ride home

Tears prick the corners of my eyes as I continue the ride home. The whole day was a disaster. It seems like everybody wants to fuck with me.

I pull the car into the driveway and run up to my room.

I fix my hair and go to FaceTime Albert. My phone rings for a few seconds until his face finally pops up on the screen.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Um no actually, are you with Genesis?" I ask in between tears

He looks to the side before looking back at the phone.

" Uh yeah, I'm just driving her home. Why?"

"Can you please come over? I don't want to end the day like this." I sniffle as I ask him

He's the only person I really want to be around right now.

" Yeah I'll be over as soon as possible. Text me your addy."

" Okay. I'll see you when you get here, be safe "

I hang up the phone and text him my address. I grab a tissue from the box on my nightstand and wipe my eyes.

An annoyed sigh escapes my mouth as I lay on my bed in boredom. I quickly get up and run downstairs to the kitchen. I might as well make some snacks for me and Albert.

I pull out some premade cookie dough from Cleo's store, strawberries, chocolate, and a big bag of potato chips.

I preheat the oven and start putting the cookie dough on a baking pan. While the oven is heating up, I  melt some chocolate and wash the strawberries.

The door alert goes off and somebody enters though the front door.

"Mom?" I yell

"Yeah baby I'm home. How was your day?" She replies.

She comes into the kitchen and pulls off her jacket. Her jacket gets hung up and she approaches the table with wide eyes.

"My kitchen hasn't smelled this good in so long. Whatcha making?" Her smile is so warm and bright.

"I'm making chocolate chip cookies and some chocolate covered strawberries. I just wanted to ask you if it was okay if Albert came over?"

"Is Albert your boyfriend?" She says with a smug grin

"No, he's just a friend." I say while cutting some lemons in half

"I didn't feel good at the beach so I cut our plans short and went home."

Cleo comes over and wraps me in a hug. She lightly rubs my back as she embraces me.

"Of course he can honey, does he have a way to get home?" Cleo asks

"Yeah, he has a car."

"Okay well send me his contact information and tell him to text me and let me know he got home safe ." She tiredly pulls off her heels and runs up the stairs.

"I love you, mom!"

She sighs tiredly and mumbles back "I love you too'' if anybody works very hard, it's definitely her.

I finally finish making the snacks and start to move them to the coffee table in the living room. Just as I'm placing the cookies, the doorbell rings. I run to open it and see Albert on the other side. He opens his arms and smiles warmly. I pull him in for a tight hug and invite him in.

"I made some snacks, they're in the living room. Feel free to take some home, I went a little overboard." I yell to him while getting some cups

His eyes go wide when he sees the tower of cookies and fruit.

" Here's a cup, in case you want some juice. Do you wanna watch a movie?"

He bites into one of the cookies and nods.

We both agree on watching Harry Potter and settle in on the couch.

I grab a handful of chips and focus on the screen.

"So.... Genesis says she really sorry. She pushed you over the edge and she regrets it. She doesn't want to lose her friendship with you."

My face drops at the sound of her name. After that shit she pulled today she lucky I didn't drag her ass all across that gift shop.

I wave my manicured hand dismissively and shrug.

"I'm good. She didn't even have the decency to give that half- assed apology in person."

His hand softly wraps around my wrist and he pulls it down. I get coiled in a hug and pulled down on the couch.

" Just give her a chance Jasmine. She went about it wrong but some of what she said is true. You can't just let people treat you any type of way. You have a soul as beautiful as your pretty brown eyes. You should be treated like a queen, not like trash ready to be thrown away."

I sigh in confliction. He's right. I've been through so much shit the last few weeks and I feel like it is because I  let people walk over me sometimes. I let Jahseh get over on me and now I'm the one that's hurting, not him.

" Okay." My hands run over my eyes in annoyance "I'll give her another chance. But for now I just want to spend time with you." I snuggle up closer to him and pull my blanket over us. His hand rests on my stomach and we continue watching the movie.

"So whose your favorite character?" He asks

"Definitely Hermione, she a literal icon. Her back story is relatable."

"My favorite is actually Voldemort, without him there wouldn't be much of a plot." He says while gently caressing my hands.

"Oh so you like villains." I challengingly move closer to him

"It's good to be bad sometimes." He gently grabs my face and leans in . My hands fall to his shoulders and pull him closer, our lips just a few inches apart.

A loud bang is heard accompanied by screeching laughter and the footsteps of two people.
Jahseh is holding a half eaten funnel cake with his hand intertwined in the girls from earlier. The room grows quiet instantly as he looks around. His eyes start to fill with rage as they land on the candles, chocolate covered strawberries, the blanket wrapped around us, and how close our bodies are to eachother.

(A/N:Okay I know I've been gone for a minute, I apologize. This is a little filler chapter just to give y'all something to read for right now. I'm back for a little while so you will see me updating a little more. I love y'all, and stay safe!🫶🏽)