🌌OUTSIDE🌌

I walk in the room and admire the creamy pastel colored walls and sweet smell of a trio of bubbly chocolate

How did Cleo do all of this? It's so nice in here.

Jahseh flicks on a bright light switch, one of many on one big panel of multiple light switches.

Red and purple lights dance around the whole store and the machines start running on command.

"Come here, this fountains drips different chocolates, caramels, and other shit. Try it."

He hands me a wooden stick and slides some fresh fruit onto it with a cute focused expression. I just hold the stick and look at how nicely the exotic smelling fruits are arranged.

Jahseh's hand wraps around my wrist and forces it let the fruit get cascaded into delicious raspberry cream white chocolate sauce. He takes it out of my hand and takes a bite and then holds it out towards my mouth.

"Try it, shorty... Don't be scared"

My hand slips around his as I inch closer and closer. I take a plentiful amount of the sweet fruit into my mouth and start chewing it.

It bursts with flavor and the chocolate melts in my mouth.

"That is actually really good."

"I know" he smiles "try this, aiden really likes this part. He goes crazy every time."

He pulls me over to a glass container with bubbling chocolate in it. He fills a cup with the liquid and asks me what toppings I want. I picked caramel whipped cream, milk and white chocolate shavings, and mini peppermints.

I sip through the polka dotted straw and get hit with a blast of deliciousness.

"It's good isn't it?" He says with a smirk

"Yeah. Okay smartass"

"Its dark hot chocolate, She managed to pull in a toppings bar with over 200 different toppings, it grows every month after her travels to different states. She takes us to spend the week with her on most of these trips. We have one coming up in two weeks."

"Do you think we're going on this one?"

It would be really fun I bet, especially with Aiden, he so funny.

"Oh I know so shorty, I know so. But don't tell her I told you, It was supposed to be a surprise, so act like you don't know anything about it."

Aw Cleo really is taking me too, like I was always apart of the family. I can't even prove to her how blessed I feel and how much I appreciate her taking me as I am, treating me lovingly and kind, and treating me to a life I thought I couldn't have.

"Okay" I giggle "It's a surprise"

"It's time we get back, still a few things left to do, right?" I say while turning towards the door

"Yeah" he says while grabbing my arm "but just one last thing... I want to apologize for the things I did when you first got here. I was a fuck nigga for that and I felt like you deserved an apology..."

"It's no problem, thank you... But the next time I get turned into a shopping cart sandwich is when I break your pinky toes" I know my jokes are corny but my mom was always goody like this

"Now can you make me another one of these?" I wave the cup around teasingly "but in the biggest cup you have?"

"Yeah, I got you" he pours it into a large sized paper cup and puts my favorite toppings on it before putting a lid on the cup and a straw.

We clean up the food and machines before locking it up, the least we could do is leave Cleo's business clean.

We meet up with Cleo and Aiden again in the center of the top floor.

"Did you like the store?" Cleo asks

"Yeah it was really nice, I like it." Cleo is such a cool person and does cool things, I wish I can be like her someday.

We load into the car and drive home. The stars are shining brightly and gleaming so beautifully its like glitter was sprinkled onto them. The pale night sky and deliciously buttery stars make a peaceful drowsy feeling wash over me. I put in my ear buds and "Montreal" by the weeknd starts playing, he voice sounds so beautiful, warm, and soft. It's like he knows how I feel.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We're finally home and I decide to take a soothing shower. I pick out a long graphic tee and some plain black shorts. I turn on my echo dot and "the birds pt 2" starts playing. I step into the shower, turn it on, and let the water start to cascade over over my body and my curls. After my fluffy pink curls are submerged in water I put it in a bun and grab my sensitive skin dove soap. I lather it into my washcloth and start to massage it into my skin. I shave and step out of the tub and pull on my clothes.

I finish my other hygiene stuff and walk into the hallway.

"Serena I'm not doing this with you, I'm not kissing your ass, if you're wrong then just take responsibility!.... I TRY TO FIX IT EVERYTIME, EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONLY ONE EVER APOLOGIZING AND OWNING UP TO MY SHIT! Fine! When you grow up, call me, but until then, situate yourself!"

I knock on Jahseh's door in concern of the discomfort in his voice. He appears in front of me with smoke swirling around him and really red eyes and puffy bags.

"What you want?"

Normally I would clap back for some shit like this but I know he's angry and I just want to help or something....

"I heard you and you sound upset so I- what's wrong?..."

"I don't need you trying to baby me, Jasmine. I'm a man so you can just leave me alone right now." He mumbled

I don't even know what the fuck he is saying right now but I feel like I should just leave

"I'm not trying to baby you it's just that I can see that you're visibly upset and I'm concerned if you're alright" I retort

He balls up his fists at his sides and yells out some hurtful ass shit

"You're not my fucking mom! Nor are you my fucking sister! You're just some kid she took in! So just leave me the fuck alone" The door violently slams in my face as a fear tears stream down the sides of my eyes.

I go back into my room and climb into bed.

You'll never really have a family,
They'll never accept you
You'll never really have a family,
They'll never accept you
You'll never really have a family,
They'll never accept you
You'll never really have a family,
They'll never accept you

The words kept ringing in my head until I finally drifted off into a tortured sleep.