💔Broken💔

(A/N: I'm just giving a trigger warning ⚠️ there will be a depiction of abuse in this chapter, so if that is an uncomfortable topic, please tread lightly and I apologize in advance. My messages are always open🖤)
______________________________________

I arrive back at the house and toss my keys onto the table by the door

I arrive back at the house and toss my keys onto the table by the door. Jahseh and Lola walk out of his bedroom. A small duffel bag is in her hands. She glances at me and looks away.

"Jasmine-" I turn away from him to grab a Gatorade out of the fridge. I don't have time for neither of their shit, because I will hurt somebody child with the mood I'm in right now. I run up the steps to my room. All I want to do today is relax. I crawl into bed, sinking under my covers and pillows. I know this job is gonna have me exhausted but at least I'll have money and a valid reason to stay away from Jahseh. He has complicated my life so much. I just wish I stayed away from him. I like him but this hold he has on me is ridiculous and I just want to feel normal again.

My eyes shoot open at the sound of my phone vibrating. Albert's picture appears on my phone screen. I answer the call and put him on speaker.

"Hey Al" I mumble with no energy

"Hey mamas, what's wrong?"

"Nothing" I sigh "I'm just tired, I had an interview today and got the job. I start next week."

"Ayyy, that's lit. I'm proud of you, beautiful." He smiles brightly with two thumbs up " But anyways, I know I can't see you right now so I got you a gift. My cousin should be dropping it off at any minute."

The doorbell rings right after he finishes talking. I grab my phone and run down the steps. I pull the front door open and see a basket on the steps. I pick it up and take it upstairs.

A gasp escapes my lips as I realize what's in the basket

"I hope that gasp means you like it?" He questions

"Albert you did not have to do this! I love it so much! It's so nice!"

He tells me that there's a surprise for me in the green bag. I pull open the velvety green bag and see several pre rolled blunts. I pull one out and grab a lighter from the basket. I grab my phone and lock my door.

" You got a blunt, Albert?"

He holds up a fat blunt and smiles "Don't insult me, Babygirl. I stay stocked up."

"Well good cuz we smoking together!" I yell.

I prop up my phone and I sit on a pool chair. Smoke swirls in the air as I spark up. After the stress I've been facing I needed this blunt.

"I'm glad we're doing this but I wish I could really see you." At least I'll get to see him once classes start.

"I miss your fine ass, too. But once your mom sees how you're playing by her rules, she'll most likely lighten up."
He says. He fluffs out his curls and blows out a gust of smoke.

If only he knew how strict Caribbean parents were.

"Seriously doubt that. My mama don't play" I laugh dryly.

"Its gonna be okay. I gotta go tho, I gotta help my mom make brunch. Try some of the snacks in the basket when the munchies kick in. Let me know how you like them, okay beautiful?"

I admire his smile and nod my head. " I will, thank you so much, handsome. I'll talk to you later." We both wave and I hang up the phone.

I finish the blunt and go sit on the couch. I tear open a pack of M&Ms and focus on an episode of SpongeBob. My eyes slowly flutter shut, causing the candy to fall out of my hands.

They fall out of the bag and scatter all over the floor.

Ever since I've pulled off the ride has been completely silent

Ever since I've pulled off the ride has been completely silent. Lola won't even look at me. Her foot is tapping erratically and she's staring out the window.

"Lola, I'm sorry-"

"No! I'm getting sick of your apologies! I just got dog walked last night all so you could get a girl! You wanna make her jealous so bad but have you ever considered that maybe she just doesn't fucking like you?! We're supposed to be friends, and you have me acting like a bitch to that girl over a silly little crush you have on her? I'm done getting talked down to by her and your mother! I'm done being the doormat to everybody you associate with. I'm done with you, Jahseh." Her voice trails off.

I pull up to the side of her house and park the car. My eyes land on hers in concern.

"It's already bad enough that the school spread those horrible rumors about me, but now you've made it even worse. I actually liked Jasmine, and now she fucking hates me just like everybody else. I hope me going through this is worth it. Stay away from me." She forces open the car door and runs up her driveway. I start the car and start to pull off. The front door swings open and a large figure comes into view.

"Where the fuck were you?" He yells, yanking her arm

"Dad stop, that hurts! I was just at a friend's house!" She tries to wiggle out of his grip, only for him to slap her. She starts wailing loudly for him to let her go. He pushes her small frame against the heavy wood door.

"Get inside you lying little slut!" His voice booms

She crawls inside and he slams the door behind him. I speed off towards the house and dial mom's business number.

"What do you need, Jahseh? I'm at work."

"It's an emergency, We need a lawyer. Lola's in trouble. Her fuck ass father beats on her!" Tears pool in my eyes as I try to steady my hands on the wheel.

"Okay, I'm leaving work now. I'll be home shortly. Don't do anything until I get there. Do you understand?" My mom asks

"Ain't none of that, Man I'm gonna fucking kill him bro!" I yell

"Do you understand me, Jahseh!?" Her voice is laced with sternness

"Yes" I nod "I'm going home."

"Good. Because the last thing we need is to put her in more danger."

I hang up and continue the road to the house.

A/N : Looks like there's more to Lola than we thought💔too bad it might be too late for Jahseh to fix things🤦🏽‍♀️ Be on the lookout for my next update, I'm a little more active for the time being. Love you guys🖤🖤😌