🆘SAVE ME🆘

The car comes to a screeching halt

The car comes to a screeching halt. I jump out and bee line towards the house. My fists are balled at my side and my breathing is heavy.

"I swear to God I'm gonna get her fucking revenge!" My voice echoes as the door slams

"What the fuck?!" Jasmine quickly jumps up, knocking stuff on the floor. She pulls the cover off of herself and looks at me with concern. I really hope she just leaves me alone right now, I have a lot on my mind and don't need her shit right now.

I stand in front of the counter, pacing around the kitchen with my phone up to my ear.

" Yo bro you gotta get over here now. Some shit just went down and I think I fucked up bad bro." Several tears drip on the floor in front of me.

The phone hangs up and I approach the steps.

"Jahseh what is wr-" I put my hand out in front of her and retreat into my room. My body is slumped over as I sit on the edge of his bed. Jasmine's head appears in my doorway and she sits on the edge farthest away from me.

"What's wrong, Jahseh?"  She mumbles earnestly

My hands are folded in front of my face. All I can think about is Lola.

"It's none of your concern. You need to rise up outta here right now. I'm serious, because I'm not in the mood for you right now." My eyes never meet hers

"Fine then." She rolls her eyes and slides out of the room.

Just as time seems to move slow, a voice is heard calling my name. I run down the steps and see a woman in a grey pantsuit. She turns around and holds out her hand. My hand wraps around hers and she gives it a firm shake.

"Hi, My name is Alicia Brown, I'm a lawyer for your mother's company. She's already told me some of the information regarding your situation but I have a few questions for you and anyone else that witnessed the incident in question."

I sit down at the island and pull up a seat for her.

I nod my head. "Do you mind?" I gesture to my pack of Newports.

"Not at all, can I steal one?" She asks

I put mines between my lips and hold the pack towards her. She holds the cigarette between her lips as I light it. I spark mines up and sit the pack on the counter.

"Okay Jahseh, tell me what happened. Tell me every detail." She says while tapping the cigarette ash into the ashtray.

"My friend, Lola Arnelle, stayed over our house. Her and my stepsister got into a fight, which made my mom say she had to go home in the morning. When I drove her home her pussy ass dad put his hands on her. I'm scared, scared that he might do more than hit her. I could've stopped him but I didn't. This is my fault, I'm just as bad as he is."

"This is not your fault, Jahseh. You are just a kid. You knew the risks that came with trying to get between her and a grown man."

"I'm not a kid, I ride for mine and I hold shit down. She wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for me!" My voice booms

"Okay, I understand, Jahseh. But if you want me help you, you're gonna have to calm down and give me a few more answers, okay?"

I nod stiffly and sit back down

"Where does she live?"

"1014 Cherry Hill Road."

She takes a deep drag of the cigarette and continues.

"Okay and do you by any chance know her father's name?"

"No. But that's not the point. The point is that we should be going there instead of doing this. She could be hurt or worse." I rise from the chair and grab my keys.

"Jahseh don't go over to that house, especially alone. The authorities have already been notified and are on their way right now. You'll only make things worse for everyone if you do, yourself included. I know about your rap sheet and it's very lengthy for someone your age. Don't you think it's best to stay out of jail? How are you going to help her if your behind bars." She presses her hand against my chest to stop me.

My Express goes blank and I look in her eyes "that's if I go to jail. And even If I did, I got niggas out here that handle shit. I'm out." I gently pull her hand off of me and get on my motorcycle.

"Jahseh that's not a good idea! Jahseh don't leave! " Her voice fades away as I speed off. I take a shortcut to her house and arrive in a few minutes. I walk up to the door and kick it in.

"Where you at, nigga?" I yell

I search the living room but there's no sign of him. I peer into the kitchen and see that a bunch of shit is knocked over. I step into the kitchen and instantly slip.

"What the fuck?!" The floor is slick with sticky blood. His large frame lays lifeless beside me. A knife is sticking out of his side and he's not moving. I quickly get up and step back. The back door is wide open.

"Lola!?"

I call her name multiple times but hear no response. The loud ringing of sirens approach in the distance.

"Oh fuck...."

Red and blue lights dance across my face. I put my hands up and walk towards the door