Happy Birthday Peter!

It was two weeks before Peter's birthday where the adults started to figure out his birthday. They knew it wasn't going to be a complete surprise since they had told him that Fury was going to come on his birthday (Fury threatened them that if they didn't tell Peter he'd be there that he would make Clint and Natasha train new recruits for a week, but Peter doesn't need to know that) as well as the fact they've been bugging him to know what he wants for his birthday.

Date of Party: Check.

The problem was that Peter didn't want anything. For years he was focused on trying to figure out how to get away from the bad people that now that he has a safe home and a caring family, he didn't want anything else. He was content which was great, but the adults were still going to get him presents so it wasn't very helpful.

The first thing they did to actually prepare for Peter's birthday was to figure out the decorations, which were pretty simple. Red and blue decorations were the first obvious choice, ever since having choices and opinions on things and being able to be open about them, he's been obsessed with the colors red and blue. 

Decorations: Check.

Next thing they needed to figure out was how they were going to get Peter's gifts. They couldn't exactly order them online and they definitely couldn't just all go and buy gifts with Peter right there. So, they were going to need to use all their agent stealth, so Peter didn't hear or see them talking or bringing his gifts. Even if he did it on accident then it would ruin the surprise. 

They all agreed that if they were going be able to get Peter's gifts they would need to go separately under a excuse that made sense. Clint would go first because Laura asked him to get fast food because of the cravings she was getting especially now that she was farther along in pregnancy. Then a few days later Laura would go for her normal shopping trip. Then finally Natasha would go to get milk from the store because Clint would 'accidently' drop the milk and she would need to go to the store to get milk.

The plans work out and they get their gifts but much to all their annoyance they wouldn't tell anyone what they got for Peter because they got competitive and wanted Peter to see their gifts to tell them who got the best gift. They also had to hide the gifts in spots he won't see, which is really hard when the kid can reach more places than you can. 

They couldn't just put them on a top shelf because Peter will sometimes just sit on the ceiling, though he's only allowed to when there is an adult in the room with him and has a mattress underneath him in case he falls. Then they couldn't just put them somewhere and tell him not to go there all of sudden because Peter is curious and would either suspect they are birthday presents or would let curiosity get the better of him and look.

Laura and Clint had an easier solution with their secret compartment's in their closet, while Natasha had a harder time figuring out where to put it. She couldn't just put it in her room because Peter would end up in there almost every day, which she didn't mind, but it made it significantly harder to find a place to hide his gifts. So she knew she had to get creative. She thought about the only places Peter didn't go which weren't many. Then finally she figured it out. The kitchen cabinet with the peppermint.

When Peter came he told them he had sensitive senses, but they didn't know to what extent until two months later. Natasha had been letting Peter try different teas to help him calm down and one day she chose peppermint tea. She went to the kitchen and got it ready, then when she walked into the living room Peter automatically cringed and went under the blanket and was screeching. It took them an hour to realize that he was talking about the peppermint tea.

Ever since Peter refuses to even open the tea cabinet with the peppermint tea in it. She had to wait for Peter to be asleep before putting the wrapped box in the back of the tea cabinet but she got it hidden.