Peter Chronicles Pt. 2

-Babysitter-

A few months after the Avengers fiasco Peter was officially in the double digits. One of the first things Peter had asked for after turning 10 was asking if he could finally do more chores. The adults honestly didn't understand his insistence on having more chores but at this point they just let him have a few more chores and responsibilities. Now he chops firewood, washes dishes three times a week, and the most important one. Babysitting Cooper and Lila while the adults are out. Laura assured him it wouldn't happen often but if she needed to run to the store for something while Natasha and Clint are out on missions she would need him to watch the two for a bit.

Peter accepted these without question. He chopped wood like Uncle Clint showed him to and neatly piled it and started doing dishes. The first time he watched Lila and Cooper went exactly as Laura had said. Clint and Natasha were on missions and Laura had ran out of eggs so she asked Peter if he could watch Lila and Cooper for an hour tops, Peter of course didn't decline.  

Laura left while Lila and Cooper were taking their naps, so Peter for the first twenty minutes was just sitting in the living room playing a random game on his phone. Then he heard the stomping of little feet. He heard them come from their rooms and down the stairs until Cooper was standing right in front of Peter who stayed seated on the couch looking up amused by Coopers instant energy after waking up.

"Hey mini-human, what's up?" Peter couldn't help but stare at Coopers hair that was pointing in different directions while saying that last part. There was one chunk just standing straight upward. 

"I'm hungry!" Cooper stated while jumping onto the seat next to Peter on the couch.

Just as Peter opened his mouth to respond to Cooper he could hear the beginnings of Lila's whines that would eventually turn to wails if he doesn't hurry up to her room to calm her down. Peter lifts his right hand while making a gesture for Cooper to wait a second while tucking his phone into his pocket with the other before saying,

"One sec, Coop. Do me a favor and don't die while I get your sister, okay?" 

Peter quickly gets off the couch and goes up the stairs by two steps going as fast as he can to Lila's crib. Walking into the room and rushes over to Lila and slowly picks her up. Lila continues her whimpering for a bit while he bounces her. After she goes quiet Peter starts to take her downstairs, where thankfully Cooper listened and didn't go anywhere. Cooper looked pretty bored though. 

"Who's hungry for some food?" 

Cooper quickly jumps up and down cheering and Lila looks confused for a moment before putting her own fist in the air like she won something. 

Peter chuckled while walking into the kitchen where he looked around for food they could have for a snack. Lila's was easy enough, give her some of the Gerber Puffs and she was set. Clint said that he was convinced that Lila could finish a whole container of Gerber Puffs by herself in one day if they didn't limit how much of them she ate. Peter couldn't decide if he agreed or not. 

Peter found the problem of finding a snack difficult for Cooper though. Cooper was a very picky eater, things were easily too spicy, sour, bitter, etc. for him with everything. He's never complained of something being too sweet though. Chips were out because Cooper didn't like salt and vinegar chips which were the only kind they had because they were too salty and bitter, then Cooper doesn't like the yogurt because the fruit in it is squishy, and don't even offer him crackers because those are too dry. Peter went through most the food that could be considered a decent snack in the kitchen and was starting to worry about there being no food that Cooper would like.