Moving Period

Peter didn't really know what was happening specifically at the moment. Peter was sitting on a piece of rubble with five government men watching him from a few feet away, not that they could really do anything, and he was told by his mom to not listen to the conversation with his enhanced senses because he was a minor. (AKA Ross was being a son of a bench and didn't want Peter to hear anything about what was going on) So, Peter was making drawings in the dirt while his mom either talked on the phone or with the government officials. He did get to wave hello to Melinda May though. He hadn't seen her in a few years, but she looked exactly the same as she had then, and she still had the same small smile while waving to him. Once she joined the conversation with Ross and Natasha though, she was all business. 

Now that Peter thought about it, almost every adult figure in his life had a relaxed face and a business face. Natasha was reserved generally with her feelings so it wasn't as drastic but if you looked at her posture and her way of speaking you could definitely see the difference. Clint, even though he was part idiot, he did have a face that he wore while he was doing SHIELD business. Aunt Laura was downright scary when someone even looked at any person of her family the wrong way. Uncle Fury was mostly business, when Peter gets him to laugh or smile it makes his day knowing he could make the Nick Fury to look happy.

Did Peter have a business face? If he did, when did it sho-?

"Peter!" Natasha called from the car with the door open for Peter to get in.

Peter got up and walked over, pointedly ignoring the men still watching his every move. Honestly, they wouldn't even be able to do anything to Peter. Peter sat down in the car and scooted over to the middle so his mom could sit down, leaving him in between May and Natasha.

Ross went back to the car that he came in, so it was just the calm man that was driving the car (who Peter was 90% sure that he saw playing candy crush on his phone when they were getting into the car) and the three in the back that were in the car. They sat in silence for a few minutes and looked out the windows looking at the damage until they got to the road.

"Mack, I'm gonna talk to these two and close the window in between us." May told the driver. 

He raised an eyebrow before giving a nod. Then May closed the window and Natasha spoke first.

"Thank you, May. I know that you've been busy with the rebuilding of SHIELD and you didn't have to do this but you helped me out big time."

"You've saved my life enough times that I think this is just the tip of the iceberg of my repayment." May responded with a smirk.

"You would've done the same for me, May. No need to repay anything." Natasha insisted.

The two held each other's eyes looking like they were telepathically arguing who won until eventually starting to explain to Peter what they were going to do.

"So, Pete."

"Yes?" Peter responded unsurely.

"Since I did break the law, I will need to be detained." Natasha explained.

Peter opened his mouth to argue this, but Natasha winked at him which shut him up. If she winked, then that meant that she had a plan. So, he just had to figure out what his role in the plan was...or just go with his mom says until he figures out her plan.

"You on the other hand are being let off the hook, sort of, since you are a minor and never really broke the law." Natasha continued.

"With the clips of you fighting, you are seen only fighting Cap's team. So, they're willing to be more forgiving with you." May added.