Peter Chronicles Pt. 3

-Sibling Fight-

One thing people notice about Lila Barton is that she's very observant, and she always tried to find a way to make things work. So, whenever people in her family would get in arguments she would try and figure out why it was happening. Most times she understood why it was happening, Cooper decided to 'borrow' something from Peter's room or her dad was annoying her mom too much. But there were some fights and arguments that she couldn't understand why they happened.

One of those fights being the one happening today between Peter and Cooper. 

It started at breakfast when Cooper accidentally bumped into Peters elbow while they were both pouring their cereal for breakfast. Peter got really upset for a moment but at Cooper's apologies he calmed down and said that it was fine.

Then when they were all playing outside Peter accidentally ran into Cooper. Cooper got really upset and shouted at Peter before they quickly made up again.

The two kept having those small quarrels all day. Apparently the straw that broke the camel's back was Peter breathing too heavily for Cooper to handle while they were all hanging out in the living.

"Why are you doing that Peter?"

"Doing what?"

"Breathing like that?"

"Breathing? Really? I kind of have to do that to keep living Coop. I can't just stop breathing."

"Why are you breathing like that though, Peter?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Ugh, you're so annoying Peter! You're always such a smart-alec and do stupid stuff like this!" Cooper yelled before stomping off to his room.

Peter huffed before sitting back down on the couch and reading his book again, but Lila noticed that his eyes looked unfocused and he didn't turn the page after five minutes. So, she didn't think he was actually reading the book at the moment.

The whole time the two boys were yelling at each other in the living room Lila was sitting on the floor at the coffee table coloring.

One of the most confusing parts to Lila was the two were getting along so well the day before. They both went to Peter's room and had a comic book binge reading session with their favorite comics while they goofed off. Then after that they played some video games and had a sleepover in Peter's room. So, why were they so hostile towards each other today? Not even a full 24 hours later.

"Peter?" Lila quietly called.

"What, Lila?" Peter snapped.

Lila didn't respond and went back to coloring at the reaction that Peter had. Peter softened after realizing he had snapped at her.

"Sorry, Lila. I'm just frustrated right now. What's up?"

"Why are you and Cooper fighting today? Neither are doing anything wrong."

Peter paused at the question and hummed a moment while he thought of what to say for his response.

"Well, you know how we don't really leave the house? We only go into town sometimes for stuff."

"Duh, because of Daddy's job. He's protecting us." Lila deadpanned.

"Alright, well, since we don't leave the house often we are almost always around each other. I love that we get to spend a lot of time together and that we are always close but sometimes when you are around people too much, even the people you care about the most, you start to have a lot of petty fights. Neither person is really mad at each other they both have just been around so much that they start grating on each others nerves." Peter explained while sitting on the floor next to Lila.