The return of Octopus Co.

Peter knew what HYDRA was. Between history lessons and the stories of the great Captain America to his own hacking into SHIELD, he knew a bit more about HYDRA than he was probably supposed to. Like for one they don't actually know what a hydra looks like from mythology, seeing as a hydra has many heads and a tail then their logo is many tentacles and one head. He also knew that they were supposed to be dead, no longer a functioning group. Apparently, you take everything you're told by privately funded spy organizations with a grain of salt.

While the main part of HYDRA was gone there was still agents and followers of HYDRA and its ideas. Many agents, evidently. Seeing as both Captain America and his mom were being hunted down by all of them. How did he know this? 

"Peter, what in the world could you be watching on your computer at midnight in the dark?" His Aunt Laura questioned.

So, he may or may not have been hacking into SHIELD camera and security systems to see how his mom was doing earlier that day and eventually was helping in little ways that he could ever since. Currently he was waiting for both of them to appear somewhere outside of the dead base they had entered in New Jersey. 

"Technically I'm not watching anything. I'm doing a bit of hacking and a bit of covering for mom and Mr.Rogers since they are getting caught on cameras and are currently being hunted by a resurfaced HYDRA." Peter rambled out.

Laura took a moment to give him a blank stare before taking a deep breath in to release it as a sigh. Peter could really see the sleep deprived state she was in at the moment. Laura had large bags under her eyes and her posture looked like she was five seconds away from physically collapsing. Lila hadn't slept at all the past few nights because she got the bug that Clint brought home with him, gave it to Cooper, then it got passed on to Lila after Clint left for a three day mission. So, Laura had been up for at least forty-eight hours taking care of Lila. 

"My brain doesn't have the energy to figure out what that word soup you just spit out after being awake for three days straight. If you're gonna do this then know that if I see you up doing chores before ten o'clock tomorrow then I will personally call your mother and Clint so they can give you that talk instead of me since me giving it does no effect apparently. Also, probably better if you sit at your desk or the kitchen island downstairs so that your posture doesn't look like the hunchback of notre dame after tonight." Laura explained before walking back to her room. Though waddling or shuffling would probably be a more accurate description.

Peter shrugged his shoulders before going down to the kitchen and turning on the light and placing his computer on the island carefully and sitting down. After another twenty minutes of waiting Peter decided that he needed something if he was going to be awake most of the night. So, he got a can of soda and grabbed one of the baby puffs that were technically Lila's but at the moment he was craving them so he grabbed them anyway. 

Sitting back down though he was shocked to see a short range ballistic missile heading towards the base. Peter wasted no time in grabbing his phone and warning his mom about it. After the text was sent Peter couldn't help the hundreds of thoughts going a mile at minute in his head. How did HYDRA know they were there? Was it a set up? Was it an old secret HYDRA base and there HYDRA security cameras set up inside? Did HYDRA manage to put a tracker on one of them? Was he not quick enough to erasing the footage of them getting there on the traffic and security cameras?

He could do nothing but watch the heat signature of where the base was skyrocket to a heat that could only mean that the missile got there and he hoped his mom and Mr.Rogers were alright. 

After the longest five minutes of his life his mom texted back thanking him for the heads up and saying that he was supposed to be in bed. Peter rolled his eyes and mumbled his response while he typed.