Chapter 15 - Rumors

Bakugo POV

It's  been only one day since Shoto got released  from the hospital and people  already  started  talking  shit. After the confirmation of the whole Toya situation people already started hating on him, that's  when everyone  noticed  his eating habits  got worse. He was fine before, in second year he started to get worse, after the fight with Dabi it got that way and not long after I started dating  him, now that he's  got a feeding  tube I'm scared people will hate him even more. He did nothing wrong yet he has to go through all this. We were just going  out for a walk on the evening  when a bunch  of reporters showed  up.

- This is Shoto Todoroki, Endeavor's son! Is everything  okay  did something  happened  to you? - asked a woman  and a cameraman showed up

- I'm  sorry? - he looked at them with a confused  expression  and she pointed  on her nose

- The feeding  tube, people  want to know what's  going  on with no.1 hero's  son!

- Ah, I..- he looked at the ground

- Hey, leave him alone! - I say

I was confused. Not long after our walk and situation, notifications on mine and Shotos phone where e going like crazy, turned out we were live at that moment  and now everyone saw.

- Who the fuck let them go live! It's  private! - I shouted reading  the headlines of a hero magazine where Shoto was showed

- Kacchan...- said Deku sitting  next to me

- I think we should check on Todobro, he doesn't  seem well after that..- Kirishima intended

- Yeah..How could they do this to him? - sobed Mina

This is bad. Really bad. Next day  Shoto didn't  show up to class. It was probably  to overwhelming  for him. Aizawa said he needs time but I have no idea how they plan to clear up the situation, especially  Endeavor. He can't  just say his son has an eating  disorder and expect the public  to accept it after what he did. I bet it was fucking hard for Shoto now, I need to go back to dorms quickly and talk to him.

Shoto Pov:

I fucking can't  do this. I'm  so embarrassed I hate this thing..I need to get rid of it. I thought  while riding  my bike angrily in my dorm. This is so dumb why do I even have this I'm not even that skinny. I should check my weight...I randomly stepp into the bathroom and on the scale. I gained 1kg in fucking 2 days. I can't do this I can't  do this I can't do this fucking bitch hell, shit I'm ugly and fat and ugly and fat and ugly and fat just die alredy you stupid bitch. I started shouting and kicked the scale "FUCK" I yell as loud as I can, I take the tube and took it out a bit to quickly. I start crying in pain and I feel that I'm starting to lose control over my ice quirk. After freezing the entire floor I pass out in freezing cold. 

Aizawa POV:

Since I now had a break in teaching I decided to go check on SHoto, since he didn't show up to class and i had to make sure he's alright. When I get to the dorms I feel the tempetature is unnaturally low and I knew something is wrong. I run to the 5th floorand when I get there I see it's cover in ice and it's freezing like in a refrigerator. Not that I ever was in one. I rush to Shoto's room carfully making steps to not slip. I open the door to his room, it's complitly cover in ice. I see a feeding tube on the ground and then I saw todoroki slowly melting his ice and smoking a cigarette. 

- Didn't expect you to smoke. - I say while stepping further into the room

- Yeah, me neither...

- What happened here? 

- Just lost control over my quirk, nothing special - I glanced into the batroom seeing a broken scale on the floor 

- You know, u shouldn't really check your weight for own sake 

- I know...I just can't take it anymore, everyone is now talking shit about me I can't even go out and my father will probably be angry when he'll find out. 

- I don't think he'll be angry I think he'll be worried - he smirks at my comment

- You don't know him, he's a dick. - he releses a huge smoke from his lungs

- Yeah, it's the thing I know. Shoto how can I help you?

- Just let me die in peace

- I can't let you do that. Anything else

- No. - his voice is broken and quieter than usual

- What happened to your voice?

- I can't really scream but I did so it turned out like this 

- Okay, can you tell me why are you doing this?

- Honestly? I have no idea. i think it's just the way I cope with my family problems and my mental health

- You know you're doing more damage to your mental health when you're starving yourself

- Probably, I don't really care

- How long has this be going on?

- Since I joined  UA I went on a more strict diet, in second  year it just worse I couldn't stop...After Toya returned I didn't even try to follow the diet, I just stopped eating.

- I'm sorry, I should've get you help earlier...

- it's not your fault, it's mine, I was the one who refused everyone's helping  hand... - we stay silent  for a second

- So, do you want me to help with the ice or should  I just let you do it yourself?

- You can leave I'll be fine

- Okay, just don't do anything stupid - I say leaving the room.

After I got back to UA I couldn't  stop thinking  about  Todoroki. His problems  were deep and hard to understand but I really hope he'll be fine one day. I want to help him but I don't know how, the feeding  tubedidn seem to help him and he was refusing to eat normal food. He says "it hurts my stomach" as if starving didn't. It was worrying I really  hope that the therapist  we found  for him will help, I can't watch my student kill himself...I wan to be a good teacher so I have to help  him no matter  what.

1060 words