♡ You'll Never Be Alone

Age: 16 

"Y/N? Y/N!" 

Happy Hogan called out as he inspected the living room for your presence. He groaned in frustration as he opened your bedroom door, only to find the room was empty. He trotted around the apartment, searching everywhere for you. Finally, his last resort was to make his way downstairs to Tony's lab, where he could hear the faint noise coming from a television get louder as he made it down the stairs.

Encased in a blanket, sitting in one of the many chairs, you sat in front of a large monitor, displaying your father and the rest of the Avengers performing their heroic duties; saving a country from another enemy force. Happy stood in silence, watching as the light from the television reflected on your glassy eyes, and a small tear drop rolling down your cheek. 

"Y/N?" Happy's voice was soft. Before you turned your head you began wiping your cheeks. You swiveled the chair in his direction and sported a fake smile. "Hey Happy" Your hoarse voice, strained from crying, answered. He stepped closer to you and pointed to the television. 

"You shouldn't be watching this stuff" He said. You shook your head. "I was watching something else and accidentally changed the channel" The lie rolled off of your tongue so naturally. Happy commanded FRIDAY to turn the television off and knelt to match with your height. 

Happy wanted to look you in the eyes, so he would be able to see the pain that lie beneath them. "Tell me whats going on" Happy said. You could feel the emotions that were already boiling inside of you begin to spill out. Before you could collect yourself to talk to Happy, you could feel the tears begin to pour from your eyes. 

Happy jumped to his feet and wrapped his arms around you, releasing your sobs into his shoulder. He closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to show any emotion, but it was hard to do as he listened to your pained sobs. 

"I just... Feel like... I don't have... A dad anymore" You spoke between breaths. Happy opened his eyes and looked at you. "Y/N, that's not true!" You shook your head at Happy's words, your lips quivering. "Happy... He's never here, ever. Nothing's been the same since Ultron. He's obsessed with being a superhero and leaving me alone" You whimpered. 

"I'm going to tell you one thing, kiddo. You're not alone. You're surrounded by people who absolutely love you. Especially your dad. I'm pretty sure he'd throw another nuke into space if it meant only saving you. Besides, you have me, Pepper, Rhodey. The entire Avengers roster is on your speed dial... You'll never be alone. I promise" Happy smiled at you. You embraced him tightly, feeling a smile begin to form.