♡ Acting Out

Age: 15

Natasha stomped her feet aggressively as she made her way to the lab. Tony was doing his usual tinkering as Bruce observed, until Natasha stormed in.

"Tony, where is my best friend?" She asked. He looked over at her, rolling his eyes. "Grounded. Until college. If she even gets in" Tony replied, going back to his work. "We were supposed to go see a movie tonight! What did she even do?" Natasha crossed her arms.

Bruce immediately began to giggle until he earned an annoyed glare from Tony. "C'mon... It's funny" Bruce weakly smiled, shrugging his shoulders. "It's not funny, it was animal cruelty." Tony grumbled. "Animal cruelty? What did she do?!" Natasha yelled.

"She released three chickens in school today, Nat"

Natasha stood silent for a minute, before bursting out into a roaring laughter. "Three? Three! Where did she even get three chickens from?" Natasha continued laughing as Steve and Clint walked into the lab with big smiles on their faces. "You heard about the chickens too?" Clint giggled.

"This isn't funny. Y/N is on the verge of being expelled because she feels the need to torment her classmates with farm animals" Tony rolled his eyes. "Look, I'm sure if you just talk to her and see exactly why she's acting out, you can pinpoint it and make it stop" Natasha said.

"Nat's right. You've gotta put your foot down when it comes to behavior like this. I'm sure you were a bad kid in high school" Bruce looked at Tony. Tony put his face between the palms of his hands, sighing in frustration. "I don't even think I can look at her right now" Tony shook his head before looking at Natasha. "You go talk to her" He suggested.

"Me? I'm not her parent" Natasha said.
"But you're a woman, you're gentler." Tony countered.

Natasha had to fight the urge to punch Tony, before groaning as her signal of agreeing to Tony. She made her way to your room, standing outside of your door. She knocked gently.

"Y/N? Can I come in?" She asked, staying silent for a minute before knocking again. "Y/N?" she spoke softly, opening your door. Your room was dark, but your silhouette was accentuated from the light coming from the hallway. Natasha walked into your room and took a seat at the foot of your bed, resting a hand on your leg. You stayed completely still, staring into oblivion.

"It didn't work" You breathed out. Natasha sighed. "I'm sorry" She rubbed her hand against your leg as you sat up. "I thought the chickens would do it, too. Maybe I have to go bigger" You turned your lights on to reveal your tear stained face to Natasha.

"Or instead of sneaking farm animals into your school, you can talk to your dad about it?" Natasha threw the suggestion out there but you shook your head. "He won't listen to me. I hate this school so much and all I want is to never go back!" You cried, a tear rolling down your cheek.

"You have to tell your dad, hun. It's only going to get worse. And besides, do you really want to be criminally trespassed from a school at 15?" She asked. "If it meant never going back, yes." You responded. You could hear footsteps approaching your room and saw Tony appear in the doorway. "I'll take it from here, Nat" Tony said. She nodded and walked out of your room.

"If you're going to yell at me, I'll just start crying. And then you'll start crying. So don't yell" You pointed at Tony with a stern look on your face. "I'm not going to yell" he groaned, walking over to your bed and throwing himself onto the mattress like a child.

You both sat in silence as Tony menacingly wrapped himself in your blankets. You scoffed. "Can't you just give me a stern talking to, my punishment and be on your way?" You muttered. He shook his head. "I never realized how much comfier your bed is than mine. I'm jealous!" He exclaimed, wrapping himself with your entire blanket and then tackling you.

"Dad!" You screamed as he laughed. "I'm not going to let go until you drop the teenage attitude!" He shouted as you fought against your fathers grasp. "Fine. Fine! I surrender!" You felt his arms release you, and he unwrapped himself from your covers, still laying on the bed.

"Why did you release three chickens in school today?" he asked, staring up at your ceiling. You didn't respond right away, which earned an annoyed throat clearing from Tony. You rolled your eyes.

"Because I hate that school" You answered. Tony nodded, continuing to stare at your ceiling, staying silent to offer you the opportunity to rant about your feelings. Which you did.

You told him about the stuck up, snobby peers that relay endless insults and jokes at you everyday. You told him about the teachers who put you on endless pedestals that create tension with the rest of the student body. You began crying.

"I just... Don't wanna go there anymore" You sobbed. You felt Tony use the sleeve of his shirt to wipe away your tears before he wrapped you in his arms once more, this time, a more supportive, loving hug.

"You don't have to go back, ever. Happy's gonna homeschool you until you feel ready enough to go back. You'll go back somewhere better, I promise" He said. You pushed out of your fathers grasp and looked at him. "Are you sure Happy is the most ideal teacher?" You questioned.

Tony chuckled. "No".