♡ Storms are the Worst

Age: 6

It was very late in the night, your heart was pounding and your breaths were rapid as the thunderstorm aggressive sent pattering rain tossing against your windows. You were terrified, and needed your father to help you calm down. You wrapped yourself with your thick blankets and rushed to his bedroom. You opened the door slowly, watching the dim lights from the hallway make a small impact in the dark room.

You waddled to his bed, unsure if he was tucked beneath his covers, sleeping peacefully. Pressing your small hands onto his bed, you climbed onto the mattress, but he wasn't there. You felt an eerie tingle crawl up your back before you saw the quick flash of lighting light up the whole room, followed by a powerful rumble of thunder.

You screaming as loud as you possibly could, running straight into your fathers closet, keeping your blanket secured on your head as the thunder continued to rumble. You wanted to go and find your father, but you were terrified to even think of the large storm outside. With tears streaming down your face, you pulled the blanket off of your head, but kept your eyes squeezed shut.

"J-JARVIS," you mumbled "g-get my daddy!"

~~~~

"Oh dammit!" Tony shouted, dropping onto the chair beneath him as he lost the small screw he needed to fix his new gauntlet. He groaned, running his fingers through his overgrown hair, before JARVIS pinged with an announcement.

"Sir," the AI spoke "(Y/N) requests your presence immediately. She isn't doing very well with the storm outside, and has taken shelter in your closet." Tony's eyes widened, as he hopped off of the chair and almost tripped as he ran upstairs. He bolted into his room, turned on his lights and began calling out your name before you opened the closet door and revealed yourself.

"Oh Pumpkin, I'm so sorry" he whispered, walking over to you and picking you up. He cradled you in his chest, right next to his arc reactor. "I-I don't like the thunder, daddy" you whimpered. Tony placed you on his bed, and knelt down right in front of you. He used his thumbs to dry your tears, pressing a small kiss to your forehead.

"I know how much you hate storms, Pumpkin. I should've been up here with you, I am so sorry" You wrapped your arms around Tony's neck, hugging him as he held you within his grasp. "Storms are the worst!" You cried, causing Tony to chuckle. "I know, Pumpkin. They really are."

He picked you up and placed you right next to him. He laid beside you, and requested that JARVIS shut everything down for the night. The lights dimmed, and you stayed by Tony's side all night, feeling invincible to the storm.