♡ Dance Lesson

Age: 8

Ever since your father has signed you up for dance lessons, you've grown more self conscious of yourself. You were a little older than the rest of the girls in your beginner class, and they were much more open to learning all of the moves than you. You just needed a hobby; something to get you out of the house for a few hours while Tony stayed in the garage, working on new suits. All of the moves made no sense in your head, and you were way behind the rest of the girls in your class. It destroyed your confidence, causing you to grow resentment towards attending your dance class.

"I already told you, I'm not going!" you cried from under your covers, feeling hopeless. "(Y/N) this is not negotiable. You are going! Open the door!" Tony tried to open the door, jiggling the handle before commanding Jarvis to unlock it. The door slowly opened up as Tony entered, seeing you wrapped up like a burrito in your blankets. He tried to pull you out from under the covers, but you swiftly turned away from him and grunted every time he tried to lay a hand on you. "Come on, stop acting like a baby" Tony uttered, gripping the blanket and ripping it from the bed. 

As he unveiled you, he could see your eyes were red from crying and your face looked flushed. Tony's heart immediately sank seeing you so sad, he sat next to you and began to wipe the tears from your face with the sleeve of his sweater. "What's wrong, pumpkin?" He asked, looking deep into your eyes with concern. 

"I don't like dance class" you sniffled. Tony's face changed from concerned to regretful. Putting you into dance had been his choice, and he felt like he had let you down. "Why not? Is it not fun? Is it the teacher?" Tony questioned, holding your little hand in his. You squeezed his hand before shaking your head and looking down at your feet. "I'm older than the other kids, and the moves confuse me. I feel left behind" you said, trying hard to fight back any tears from falling from your eyes. 

Tony wiped your face with his sleeve once more before picking you up and placing you onto the floor. "Put your feet on top of mine" He said, which caused you to become confused. You obeyed, standing on top of his feet, as he took both of your hands and began to slowly dance with you. "1, 2, 3, 4," he whispered, doing dance moves with you. You giggled as he swayed you back and forth, eventually picking you up and dipping you into mid air, causing you to laugh harder. 

He spun you around, lifted you up and did silly dance moves with you, just to see a smile reaper on your face. "See? Dance isn't that hard" He smirked, placing you down back onto your bed. "How do you know how to dance?" you asked. "Well, when Grandpa and Grandma wanted me to do something 'of the arts' it was dancing. It was a good learning experience for me, thats why I wanted you to do it." Tony said before you shook your head. 

"I'll only do dancing with you, daddy"