♡ America's Princess

Age: 4

"Glasses. On." Tony handed you a pair of darkened out sunglasses, while placing a large Stark Industries baseball hat upon your tiny head. "Tony, those glasses don't even fit her nose! Does she really need to wear them?" Pepper asked, watching as you struggled to keep the sunglasses on your face.

Tony rolled his eyes. "Until you're the father of a toddler whose already worth half a billion dollars, I don't even want to hear it" Tony uttered, taking you into his arms before opening the doors to the conference room in Stark Industries.

Tony had one rule for bringing you around the media; you needed to keep your face at least somewhat hidden. It was known as the Happy Rule, since Happy was the one to start enforcing it when you were just a baby.

After a long and boring day at your fathers office, it was finally time to go home. He pushed past the endless barrage of paparazzi that lingered outside from the press conference he had done earlier, only to be approached with an anxious reporter as he went to enter his car.

"Mr. Stark, a few questions?" The reported asked. Tony turned you away from the reporter, trying to use his shoulder to block your face from the large camera that was angled towards you. "Not today. Maybe, I don't know... Never" Tony grinned.

"C'mon, let us get a picture of you and Y/N!" Another demanding cry from the large crowd echoed, causing Tony to turn and face them. He looked towards Pepper and shrugged. "One picture can't hurt" He muttered before telling you to pose.

He pressed the side of his face against your cheek, as you flinched from the bright flashes from the clicking cameras. Tony did several more poses with you, kissing your cheek and smushing his face against yours, before he had enough and entered the car.

He buckled you into your car seat and sat next to you, Pepper sitting besides him. "I'm very proud of you" Pepper spoke up, looking at her boss. "What?" Tony asked, looking at his assistant. "For not being a complete psychopath and freaking out at the photographers. Remember Prague?" Pepper chuckled, earning an embarrassed groan from Tony.

"Yeah... I do... I remember Prague"

"Right. I'm proud" Pepper smiled, patting Tony on the back.

~~~

Pepper stormed into the Stark residence on the following day, screaming for Tony, who happened to still be asleep. He was snoring loudly, the sheets were kicked off of his bed and the only thing he was wearing was a pair of boxers, while Spongebob played on his TV.

Bursting through the door and throwing a shirt at her boss, Pepper immediately shook him awake. Tony shot up, stunned and shocked before realizing it was Pepper. "What the? Pepper, what time is it?" Tony asked, stretching his arms as he released a big yawn.

"Vogue, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Forbes and Time magazine all want interviews and photo shoots... With America's Princess" Pepper said, holding a newspaper in front of Tony's lap. He looked up at her, raising an eyebrow.

"You've been working for me long enough, how do you know remember the peeve?" He questioned before Pepper threw it at him. He looked at the cover, gasping at the sight of the adorable picture of you that was blown up on the face of the newspaper.

"All Eyes on Y/N Stark; America's Princess. That's a mouthful" Tony muttered as he read the title. "They want the kid to be on a magazine cover?" He looked back up at Pepper. "Not a magazine cover. Magazine covers. Plural Tony!" Pepper sat down next to him, watching as he put a shirt on and shook his head.

"Well, tell them that the kid declines." Tony stood up and walked over to his large dresser, pulling out a pair of fuzzy pajama pants. "What! Tony, people are dying to see you and Y/N. Just talk to some of the editors,"

"I already said no. She's 4 years old, and doesn't need to be on a magazine cover" Tony struggled to put his legs through each hole, but eventually got it.

"I just think it's a great opportunity. Great publicity, and you'll be shown as the great father you are-"

"The answer is no, Potts! Plain and simple" Tony turned and exited his room, and Pepper could hear him making pterodactyl noises down the hallway as he was waking you up for the morning.

"He's always going to be so protective" Pepper muttered.