♡ Coming Out

Age: 16

You paced back and forth in your living room, waiting for your father to get home from whatever he was doing. You felt your phone buzz in your pocket, and you quickly looked down and saw a text message from your girlfriend, MJ.

MJ: Did you tell him?

You: 👎

MJ: Is he home?

You: 👎

MJ: Your phone has letters for a reason. No more emoji's

You: 👍

MJ: 🖕

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps entering the house startled you into putting your phone back into your pocket, and running to greet Tony as he finally came home. "Dad! Hi!" You exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh god, what did you do?" He asked. "Nothing?" You responded. "You're never that excited to see me unless you've done something bad. Did you set something or someone on fire? I won't get mad" He said.

"No, I'm not an arsonist! I'm just excited to see you" You replied, bringing him over to the living room where you sat him down on the couch, and you stood in front of him. "I just want to tell you something" You said, hearing a loud gasp.

"You're not pregnant are you?" He asked. "Dad, no!" You exclaimed. He let out a sigh of relief before leaning into the leather cushions of the couch. "Can I continue?" You asked, heavily annoyed by him. "Yes please" He said.

You prepared yourself for the confession of a lifetime. You didn't think you would have to tell him so soon that you knew you never found yourself interested in boys, but the second you saw MJ in the halls of Midtown Tech, it was love at first sight for the both of you. You began dating four months ago, and you've just worked up the courage to tell your father about it.

"When you do it, just imagine it as a big bandaid. Just say, 'Dad, I have a girlfriend.' And whatever you do, don't bite your nails, or I'm not holding your hand for two weeks. Okay?" MJ's words of encouragement swirled through your mind like a rogue washing machine. You knew what you had to do, just rip it off like a bandaid. Like. A. Bandaid!

"I have a girlfriend"

Tony continued to look at you. "Okay." He said. You blinked furiously. "Okay? Okay!" You shouted. "You're okay with it?" You questioned. Tony jumped to his feet and placed his hands on your shoulders and nodded. "Of course I'm okay with it. I'm happy you're dating. I'm also happy it's not Peter" Tony smirked, earning a chuckle from you.

"Yeah. He's a little dorky" You smiled. "Listen, you don't need to be so nervous telling me things. I'm your dad, your padre, your papa, your-"

"Yes, I get it, you're my dad. Continue"

"Hee hee. Yeah. Okay, I just want you to know that you can tell me anything and you don't have to feel so nervous. I won't judge you for anything, kiddo." Tony wrapped his arms around you in a squeezing hug. "Thank you dad" You muttered into his shirt and closing your eyes and smiling, feeling relief push all of the jitters out of your body.