Cat & Mouse

"Will! I have wonderful news!"

William looked up from his work; Henry was in the doorway. Couldn't he see how busy he was with this damn animatronic? His partner entered the room with a smile.

"We have just gotten an offer to turn the Fazbear characters into marketable plushies, amd Mr. Boseman wants me to come to make sure they're 'legit'!" The only problem is...well..."

"Spit it out, would ya?"

Henry frowned.

"I would need you to look after Sammy, and I know how much you don't li-"

"Of course I'll babysit that little runt for ya!" William said quickly, grinning wide as he stood up. What was he, insane? This was just perfect! He'd been meaning to get rid of that...child? Pet? Thing?

"Really?" Henry seemed relieved. "Thanks, Will! You don't know how much this means to me, I'll drop him off at 12!"

Henry dropped the kid off at twelve sharp, saying something about food schedules that William wasn't really paying attention to. Regardless, Sammy was running happily around the pizzeria, and Henry seemed satisfied.

"I'll be back at six!" Henry said cheerfully.

William waited patiently for Henry's car to leave the parking lot. He watched and waited until the red automobile was out of sight, and then turned the open sign to 'closed', a grin slipping onto his face. This was what he needed to get Henry's attention back on him - it worked well enough the first time, right?

"Samlet, are you hungry?" William called, turning around; Sammy was perched atop of Freddy, who seemed mildly distraught. "Come down here, I think we have some leftover pizza for lunch!"

Sammy nodded.

"I'll be riiiiight back~" William sang, turning toward the kitchen. He glanced around for a moment to make sure nobody was around as he dished a slice of pizza onto a paper plate. He felt around in his pocket, pulling out a small bottle of cyanide, that he somehow had gotten even though this isn't a Victorian century piece. This would be easy, he thought - just one little drop on the kid's food, and the little brat would be dead as a doornail in seconds flat. The pizza was toxic enough as it was, anyway, so -

Where the fuck did the rest of the pizza go?

William stared, stunned, at Sammy, who was covered in pizza sauce and perched over the now-empty box.

Okay, it was fine. He had other ideas.

"Let's get some fresh air, Sammy!"

William grunted as he pushed the roof door open, the little tyke immediately rushing past him to run around. Now this would be easy, he thought, watching with a grin as Sammy crept toward the edge of the roof curiously. This would be even easier to frame as an accident. Oh Henry, I'm so sorry - I must've left the latch open!

William crept up carefully behind Sammy, and kicked him off the side of the roof.

William grinned as the kid toppled and fell. Perfect - there was no coming back from that one. He peered over the edge, ready to admire a Samlet-sized splatter on the -

What the fuck?!

Once again, the brat was fine! He was bouncing happily on a trampoline just below the restaurant. When did that even get there? He didn't buy a trampoline! William took a deep breath. Still, not an issue; It was onto plan C, he guessed.

Except plan C, which was 'just bash the little tyke's brain in with a crowbar' also didn't work. And neither did crushing his skull with a bowling ball, or tripping him down the stairs, or blowing him up with firecrackers, or crushing him under the lockers, or setting a trap for him. William was starting to think, looking over his long list of murder plans, that this kid was just unkillable.

"I can't believe this!" he hissed to himself, hiding in the mens room to formulate something new. "It's been six hours and I've used every plan from A to Y, and I still haven't killed this brat!" William looked over his clipboard, pausing at the bottom of it. "What's this? Plan Zed?"

Why hadn't he used this one, first? William felt a grin creep over his face.

"It's evil, it's diabolical...it's lemon scented!" William dropped the clipboard and left the restroom in high spirits. "Oh, I just love plan Zed!"

Sammy was asleep on a table, tuckered out, he supposed. It was perfect. William crept up behind him, his fingers twitching as he looked at the sleeping child's exposed neck. It had worked so lovely the first time, why wouldn't it this time? William grinned, reaching slowly for Samlet...who began to glow?

"Wot -"

William gasped, stumbling back with wide eyes as the little boy before him transformed into...an angel? Some sort of God? He didn't know, but all of William's insides felt cold as it spoke. As far as William could tell, the voice was only echoing inside of his brain.

WILLIAM J. AFTON.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HARM ME.

YOU CANNOT HURT ME IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY.

AND IF YOU COULD...YOUR TIME IN HELL WOULD BE MORE EXCRUCIATING THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE.

Henry's car honked outside, and suddenly, Sammy was a little boy again.

William watched, stunned, as Henry opened the doors and Sammy went running toward him. Henry scooped him into his arms with a smile.

"Hey, thanks so much for watching him, Will!"

William nodded wordlessly, still trying to process what the fuck had just happened. Maybe he needed to talk to his doctor about upping his antipsychotics.