Concorrenza

"Alright, you lot," Boseman glanced at the rearview mirror, looking at Jerry and Cassidy fighting in the backseat. "Settle down. School's out, and the pizzeria is going to be crowded today. Mr. Emily and Mr. Guy are going to need all the hands they can get, so you -"

Boseman's face dropped as he pulled up to Freddy's.

The parking lot was packed, alright, just not theirs. Sitting right beside their restaurant was a shiny, brand-new Pizza Hut.

"...What the fuck?!"

Boseman marched into the pizzeria, where three of his employees stood looking equally as shocked and confused. Okay, maybe William just looked...vaguely dull and annoyed, but that seemed to be his natural state.

"Wha - what the hell is going on?" He demanded.

"W-We don't know, Mr. Boseman, sir - there's a -" Philip gripped at his own hair in panic. The poor kid looked ready to throw up. "It just showed up out of nowhere! It wasn't there last night!"

"We came in this morning and it was just...there," Henry continued, stunned. "And...it's already a huge hit. Not a single car has pulled into our parking lot..."

"God," Boseman pinched the bridge of his nose. "I need to go see what this whole thing is all about. Henry, Philip, I need you to keep watch over the place in case anyone shows up." Boseman whipped around, pointing an accusing finger at the Brit in the corner. "Afton, get off your ass and come with me."

"For fock's sake..." William groaned, but got up nonetheless.

"Kids, I need you to stay here while I-" Boseman turned to his children. Or, rather, the spot his children had been standing. They were gone, suddenly. William snickered.

"You really oughta keep a better eye on those little shits, Boss."

Boseman chose to ignore the comment, stepping outside and looking around.

"Kids!! You -" Boseman sputtered in shock, watching as all three of his beloved children stepped into the Pizza Hut. Those little traitors. "Oh. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!"

Boseman marched over to the restaurant, dragging William with him by the sleeve. It was completely packed inside. Boseman wasn't sure if he'd seen a crowd this big at an amusement park. Standing on the counter, visible above everyone else, was a large, long-haired man in a chef's hat, grinning widely and tossing pizza dough.

"Aaalright!" He sang out - he had a thick, New York Italian accent. And he was loud. "Who here is ready for some of Gino Valentino's signature cheesy twisted crust pizza - one large single-topping pizza for only $10.99!" The large crowd cheered in response.

Gino Valentino? That was his name? Like, actually?

Boseman snorted.

"God damn," William muttered. "It smells like shet in here - WHA -" Boseman watched uninterestedly as William was lifted by the crowd and crowd surfed away from him. It was what he gets, he thought, for being so small. "OI - BOOOOOSSS!!"

Boseman had bigger issues.

"GABRIEL! CASSIDY!! JERRY!!!"

His children ignored him, having gotten right up by the counter. Boseman scoffed, beginning to push through the crowd to get to them.

"Mr Valentino, can I have some?" Jerry pleaded. "Pleeeeease?"

"Shut up, you little twat," Gabe argued. "I'm the oldest so I get first pickings."

"You fucking morons," Cassidy hissed. "Both of you are so -"

A gunshot rang in the air.

Boseman cussed under his breath, covering his ears as William was dropped beside him. The owner of the weapon, evidently, was Gino, who looked very serious all of the sudden.