Left Forgotten

"Boss?"

No response. Philip stayed back at the hallway, clearing his throat and speaking a little louder.

"Mr. Boseman?

Mr. Boseman jumped slightly, looking up from his seat with tired eyes. He hadn't been...doing anything. Just staring at the table. Philip couldn't even begin to imagine what he was going through.

"Y-Yes, sorry," Mr. Boseman cleared his throat. "What is it?"

"I, uh," Philip swallowed. "Finished those recordings you asked me to make. Do you have anything else you want me to handle?"

"You...finished the ones about the safe room?"

"Correct, sir."

Mr. Boseman sighed, and ran a hand over his face.

"Listen," he cleared his throat again. "With the investigations surrounding...that room coming to an end, I think it'd be better to remove the room outright than just...keep using it like nothing happened."

"How do you mean?" Philip asked, his brow twitching. Remove the room?

"Boarding it off," Boseman continued. "I-I need you to run some calls about sealing the entrance tomorrow. I don't want to think about that god forsaken room anymore." Mr. Boseman's voice had begun to waver; He covered his face with trembling hands, his voice choked. "Every time I look at that damn door, I...."

He trailed off. Philip didn't know what to say.

"...If we seal it off, we can forget about it and move on," Mr. Boseman continued eventually. "Just leave whatever's in there. It doesn't matter. I don't care."

"I understand," Philip said quietly, nodding. "Is there, uh, anything else I can do to help?"

Mr. Boseman took a deep breath in and nodded. He picked up his notepad and clipped his pen, beginning to scribble something down on a page.

"I need you to make another recording about the safe room."

Mr. Boseman ripped the page out, holding it out for Phil to take; He did so, hesitantly.

"Another one?"

"Seeing as the others are now obsolete, there would need to be an update."

"Understood, sir. I'll go handle this now..." Phil paused, wondering if he should say something else. Something about the kids, about...Freddy's reputation. He wondered if he should apologize, because wasn't this his fault? Shouldn't he have kept a closer eye on them, or a closer eye on Mr. Vincent? Philip opened his mouth...and then shut it.

He didn't know what to say, so he just...wouldn't say anything.

Phil dragged his feet back to the office to record a new message.

"Uh, hell-o hell-o? Uh...this is just to inform all employees that due to...budget restrictions, the previously mentioned safe room is being sealed. Work crews will be here most of the day constructing a false wall over the old door face. Nothing is being taken out beforehand, so if you left anything inside, then it's your own fault. Management also requests that this room not be mentioned to family, friends, or insurance representatives.

Thanks again, and remember to smile. You are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

William seemed to be comically good at getting himself injured, he thought, as he slipped and fell flat on his ass in the back alley. He groaned, rubbing his head - for fock's sake, he was just trying to take the bloody trash out. He sat himself up, only to pause.

Were there...bullet holes in the ground?

William sat up straighter, looking around. What the fuck? There was an overturned McDonalds cup on the ground. Fanta and Dr. Pepper...he'd recognize that atrocious smell almost anywhere. And this blood...was Vincent...?

Fuck. Fuck. He had to go check on him.

William got to his feet and made a dash for his car.