Trust No One

"Mr. Boseman..."

Interrogation. All day long, it had just been interrogation after interrogation - William was tired. He hurt. He wanted to go home - but this was necessary, he supposed. Honestly, he was beginning to get nervous about getting caught...maybe Vincent was right. He couldn't keep getting away with this. He hadn't expected Boseman to be quite so thorough; Gino seemed to have just gone quiet, after he

where are my glasses

offed his brat, and the blonde one...

lizzie's right you're awful

...her parents had just moved away, he hadn't heard from them since. Maybe, he thought, it was because there were so many at once? Well, it didn't matter; Everything was taken care of, and William had his facts in order. He watched blankly as Boseman answered the lady detective's questions. He looked awful, just terrible - like he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep.

William loved it.

"You said before that your children frequented this establishment, correct?"

"Y-Yes," Boseman kept his head down. "They came here often...without asking, of course, but they were friends with Gino's boy, and they enjoyed the food..."

"You mean Fritz Valentino? The same child who went missing in July?"

"Right."

The woman looked up at Gino, raising a brow.

"Is this true, Mr. Valentino?"

"...Yes," Gino nodded. "They...were good friends of Fritz. He admired them great...though, they...stopped coming after his...disappearance."

This was all so pathetic. The male detective was looking out the window at the forest quizzically, finally deciding to speak up.

"Scully..." he said. "There appear to be a few new trees over there than there were previously..."

"What?" Scully snapped, voicing William's thoughts perfectly. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"The slenderman..." Mulder said, as if this was a normal thing to say that made any sense. "He is notorious for capturing his victims and transforming them into trees -"

"Oh hell no! You are not going to start with this shit again! What do you not understand about the fact that children's lives are at stake here?"

"I understand completely! And I'm proposing a perfectly viable theory!"

William didn't have time to think about whatever the hell those two were bickering about, because suddenly Vincent was bursting into the room in his underwear. Okay, sure. Why not.

"Vi -" William gaped at him. "What the fock?!"

"I, uh - " Vincent approached him, seeming very distraught. "I had a, uh, a minor kitchen accident. I'll be back to take these to the laundromat. I need to get new clothes." Vincent set his clothes down on the table in front of William, prompting him to frown and scrunch up his nose. What the hell happened? His clothes were soaked in...pickle juice? Mustard? Weren't they in a pizzeria?

"Why the fock - why did you focking undress here?!"

"I'll be back, bro!" Vincent ignored the question, running past him and out of the pizzeria. In his underwear. At least he had shoes on. William shoved the pile of disgusting clothing away from him, making a face.

"Try to keep your chin up, friend," Gino said softly, putting a hand on Boseman's shoulder. "They couldn't have gone very far. They're an adventurous bunch, those three. I doubt there is a...a connection to the...other disappearances."