Boseman's Three

"It's that damn Pizza Hut suckin' up all our revenue with their new 'special sauce'!"

Boseman huffed, dropping his cigar and crushing it under his shoe; William wasn't wrong, he supposed. Ever since that Pizza Hut began advertising their...special sauce, or whatever, not one car had pulled into their lot. It was a nightmare. That said, his grating accent was beginning to give him a headache.

"Afton, I really don't have time for -" he exhaled sharply. "Look, how's this...kids, come over." Boseman beckoned his children over, to which they shuffled over ineffectually. "When it comes to singin' and dancin' robots, we've got the hut beat any day. But when it comes to pizza...well...Gino over there just debuted his own secret sauce to put on his slices, and it's good. Too good. And now, their business is blowing ours outta the water...what I need you rascals to do is get your hands on that recipe...or at least get me a slice to see what the damn fuss is about."

The kids seemed unimpressed.

"Gee," Gabriel groaned. "Can't you go in and get it yourself?"

Boseman really would rather not.

"Yeah," Cassidy pushed to the front of her brothers. "What's in it for us?"

"Well, my little angels," Boseman smiled. "Think of it like this - better pizza means more customers. All the customers means all the money. And all the money means...?"

"All the candy!" Jerry cried excitedly.

"All the albums..." Gabriel grinned.

"Invisaligners..." Cassidy sighed dreamily.

"All that and more!" Boseman grinned, waving them off toward the Pizza Hut. "Now get in there, and don't act suspicious!"

Sneaking into the Pizza Hut was an easy job, considering the door was wide open; Now, of course, the issue was getting into the back area. Cassidy turned back toward her brothers.

"Jerry!" she said quietly. "Status check!"

Jerry cupped his hands around his eyes, like binoculars, and stood up on his knees to peer over the counter, making obnoxious beeping noises with his mouth. He grinned and gave his sister a thumbs up, shrugging.

"Seems all clear, Cass!"

"Okay," Gabriel said, keeping his voice low. "Let's just make sure we don't run into -"

Ah, fuck.

"Whaddaya starin' at?"

Standing behind Gabe was that fuckin' sailor kid, holding his knife.
"Hi!"

Jerry began to scream, and Cassidy quickly smacked a hand over his mouth as Gabe cleared his throat.

"Oh - uh - hey, Fritz! Heeey," he grinned. "By any chance, would you know where your dad keeps all the recipes?"

"Ohh, the recipes!" Fritz nodded enthusiastically. "You know, my grandpappy made those recipes himself back when he was just my age. He's from Italy, and I went there once and did you know they have water instead of roads? Swear on my best pocket knife, I'm not lyin'! The thing about water is, though, when I was really little -"

Jesus Christ this kid talked a lot. After a moment, his words seemed to just trail off into a dull buzz in Cassidy's head; She turned toward her little brother.

"Jerry!" she whispered. "You distract him while Gabe and I go look for this recipe, okay?"

Jerry nodded, and Cassidy crept off with Gabe.

The back room was difficult to get through; It seemed more like a laboratory than a kitchen, and Cassidy's heart was starting to pound. She knew that da had told them to go do this, but she couldn't help feeling like they were going to get in trouble or some -

"GABRIEL! CASSIDY! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING BACK HERE?"

...thing.

Fuck.

Cassidy looked slowly over at the tall, dark shadow that was Gino Valentino, and pushed her brother toward him. Sacrifice. Gabe just stammered uselessly up at him, going pale in the face, and Gino reached down and...hugged him? Yeah, he wasn't mad - he'd just picked Gabriel up in a tight bear hug, shaking him slightly until his hat fell off to reveal his dumb clover-shaped ahoge.

"Gaaaabe!" Gino cooed. "Mamma mia, long time no see, little buddy! How ya been, ya got a girl yet, son? Don't worry, Uncle Gino won't tell!"

Uncle Gino? Who did this guy think he was? Oh, God - what had she done...to her only cool brother, too? She couldn't bear to watch this carnage. Cassidy sighed and straightened up, coming up with an excuse on the spot.

"Mr. Valentino! Hey! We were just back here, uh...looking for one of Finch's knives!" Finch, right? That was his name? Yeah. "Right, Gabey?"

"Yeah," Gabe said breathlessly. Gino let him go, and Gabe inhaled deeply, scrambling for his hat.

"Aw, how sweet of ya!" Gino grinned. "He's always losing those things in here, lemme take a look..."

Gabe scowled. Cassidy smiled back apologetically.

Gino moved to the counter and began opening up cupboards, clearing them out carelessly in search of the knife that did not exist. He hummed, shaking his head. "I'm not seeing it in here," he admitted. Regardless, he smiled, picking up a pizza box and holding it out for the two of them. "But hey, how's about some pizza for your two? It's made with our new special sauce!"

No way. It was that fucking easy?

Cassidy grabbed the box with a grin.

"You share that with ya old man, ya hear?" Gino called as Cassidy ushered her brother out of the room.

"Thanks, Mr. Valentino!" Cassidy sighed with relief as they moved toward the exit, stopping beside Jerry and...oh, fuck ,what was his name? They were having some kind of tea party that Cassidy did not have time for. "Sorry, Fry, Jerry's gotta go now!" Cassidy grabbed Jerry by the arm, dragging him away from the table.

"Oh, okay!" Whats-his-face called. "Bye! Maybe tomorrow we can -"

"Later!" Cassidy slammed the door.

"Sorry about that, Jerry," Gabriel said once they were outside. "How did it go in there?"

As the three of them walked, Jerry recounted some...bizarre story that Flake had told him, about pirates and scientists and murder and jail...it was a little morbid, actually, total bullshit. Gabe didn't seem to believe him either, putting the pizza down in Jerry's arms for him to carry.

"Now let's get this back to dad, quickly..."

Jerry tripped.

The pizza flew out of his hands and landed in the road, the lid popping open - regardless, the pizza itself was unharmed.

"It's alright," Jerry insisted. "It landed right side up!"

Cassidy didn't even have a chance to think about picking it up before a familiar purple car screeched into the parking lot and rolled right over it, dragging cheese and pepperoni along the pavement. Cassidy watched in shock, rage building in her stomach. She felt her eye twitch.

"FUCKING LIMEY BASTARD!!"