Chapter 5

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?!" Ms. Juliana asked me with her eyebrows down and the bottle still in her hand. I drop my motorcycle keys and glare up at her, with tears still in my eyes.
"None of your business. You wouldn't care anyway! I'm going somewhere away from all this bullshit!" I don't regret the words that came out of my mouth. Ms. Juliana gave me a look and dropped the half- empty bottle on the floor with her eyes wide and her mouth open.
"Um, no you're not! You're staying here where you belong, and you're going to listen to me!" I was flooded with rage. I clenched up my fist with my keys in my other hand, giving Juliana a cold stare.
"I'm not a child anymore and I'm sick and tired of dealing with all this drama and stuff you put me through, and YOU!" She was speechless. She just stood there after the last word.
Before I exited out the door, I looked back at Ms. Juliana then at Jamie. "And don't ever talk about my mother like that!"

With that I slam the front door, Juliana locking it from inside, curling up against the door, drunk as hell. I heard Jamie raise his voice at her.
"Wow, way to go Vanessa. You're just gonna let her run away like that?!" Ms. Juliana huffs. "Shut up! I don't CARE ANYMORE!" I peek in through the window and saw Ms. Juliana put her hand on her forehead, curled up against the front door, in tears.
I hurried to the garage for my motorcycle, and threw my backpack over my shoulder, with my keys hanging off the edge of the handle. I feel my watery eyes puff up and my head pounding as thoughts come to my mind.
Before I drove out of the driveway, I stared back at the house with more tears forming in my eyes, and rode away.