Chapter 16

Leah's POV

He pushed the gun harder on my neck, I started losing control of my strength. I kept trying but I couldn't. I hear a chuckle coming from the man in black's mouth.
"Look who's weak now, Leah." he says in my ear. I lost control of my actions and I couldn't take it anymore. "Shut up! I'm not weak!" I shouted while gasping for air and I completely lost my strength. A second later, Cindy stabs the man in black with a huge shard of glass and he drops the gun and falls to the side in pain. I looked up at Cindy and she gripped my hand to help me up.
"Are you okay, Leah?" I tried to keep my balance while grabbing my arm in pain. My arm was so swollen it turned purple and blue and Cindy noticed. "Ah, ow. I landed on my arm again. It hurts!" She gently touches my arm with two fingers and guides me to the gym bleachers. I slammed my body on the bleachers while Cindy held my arm.
"What happened over there? I heard a loud bang. Was that you?" I nodded and she bit her lip. "I know how that feels." Cindy said under breath. "It hurts a lot but it'll be okay." She stares at something on my face like there's a bug.
"Leah, you- you're bleeding! On your lip and your cheek!" She pointed out. I touched my lip with my two fingers and there was a drip of blood on them. "Here, how about this..." Cindy zips open her bag and takes out a bandage kit to wrap a new bandage around my arm.
There was a moment of silence. "T-thank you for everything, Cindy." I give her a smirk. She turns away from me for a second and back at me. "No, thank you. Thank you for everything that happened today. I mean, you almost risked your life trying to fight off that asshole creep you don't even know." I couldn't help but smile when she said that. "I'm sorry for the past too.... With Zoe, you and..." Before she could finish her sentence I had something to say as well.
"You know what Cindy? I'm sorry for the past too, and especially all that had happened today and the other day." Cindy smiles and closes her eyes. "We both learned a lesson, we should be proud." We give each other a big smile. "Zoe's going to be proud of both of us when we tell her."
Cindy and I chatted for a while. Our conversations were actually relaxing. Talking to Cindy was nice, like we finally are becoming friends.

In the corner of my eye, I hear footsteps of a shadow of a man coming towards Cindy. "Uh, I heard something." Cindy stood up to listen for any sounds. She took a step closer to the footsteps and turned her body to look around.

"Be careful Cindy." I said to her quietly. She moves her body around again, looking around and then the man in black sneaks up behind her. I quickly got up and tried to keep my balance so I could get to Cindy before the intruder was in front of me.

"Cindy! Watch out!" I shouted as I pushed her before he could take the gun out to harm her. He almost swung the gun to her head, but instead he smashes me in the head with his gun again and I fall to the floor again.