Chapter 12

I put my hands up, still frozen. She pointed the gun directly at me.
"I don't know who you think you are Leah, but don't act all tough! You're just playing me." she tears up. Cindy tilts her head as her black hair covers the other half of her left eye. "Cindy, where'd you get that?" I asked her calmly. She gave me a dirty look and stood there while pointing the gun in my direction. "Where do you think, Leah?"
I couldn't stop glaring at Cindy, but mostly at the gun. I stood there with my hands up and I could have sworn she took a step closer. "Cindy, I swear I have no idea. Put the gun down." I demand with caution. I didn't know how to react when someone pointed a gun at me. Cindy closes her eyes and opens them back up, still staring at me. She crosses her arms and shuffles through her bag. "Why? Why should I? So can you prove you're better than me? You think you're so tough."
"Cindy, why are you being like this? I questioned her. She took a step closer. I thought she was going to pull the trigger until I quickly tried to reach for the gun. I shove the gun out of her hands and onto the floor. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and a dirty look. It almost looked like she had a black eye underneath her mascara.
"Cindy?" I stare at her.
She realized I noticed. so she wipes away her tears and covers her eyes with her palms.
"You don't know what it's like to have abusive parents. Having to hide your bruises and scars with makeup and going to school with those shitty people."
I stood there, shocked. I couldn't believe the words that came out of her mouth. She glances up at me with bloody mascara blotch on her sweatshirt sleeve. She had a bloody nose, black eyes and a scar hidden underneath her makeup.
How could she hide her scars so well? With makeup?
"I need some space." Cindy slowly walks out of the room with her bag. I took a moment to think about what just happened. How did Cindy hide her face for that long? I had questions for her, but I didn't wanna invade her privacy.
I felt very bad for her. I got so mad at her before, I almost lost my temper. All this time, I thought she was a spoiled brat, but she's just a broken soul hidden in darkness.
After my thought, we go our separate ways. I had no idea where Cindy was. It got dark quickly, the hallways were faced with dust and all I had was my cell phone for a flashlight. I slammed my body against a wooden door, my legs and arms ache and I had a headache. I rested my head on my knees and curled up into a ball.
"I hate life." I thought out loud. I gasped to take another deep breath and closed to gather my thoughts.
A moment later, I rested my hand on the floor next to me but felt pointy edges of paper on my fingers. I take a glance to see two newspapers in front of me. To study the newspapers, I slowly picked them up one by one. Started to read the articles in front of me, turning the pages until I spotted a photograph of a man in the corner of the hallway wearing all black with half of their face showing.
I read quickly down the page to another article that read: JOHN LUVI- 'WANTED FOR SCHOOL SHOOTING!! PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER IF YOU SEE THIS MAN, IMMEDIATELY!'
I froze up after I read the last part of the article and looked at more of the photos. I had no words, I was shocked! I saw my father's name under the photograph...