Chapter 8

"Cindy? What are you doing here?!" Zoe and I look at each other, then back at Cindy. Cindy looked shocked as well. Her face turned from shocked to a smirk right away.
"Oh, oh look who it is! Leah, the girl who burnt down this school, and now she's living in it!" Cindy put her hand on her hip and smirked. I clenched up my fist and my blood went cold. I wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say.
"Leave me alone, Cindy! Why are you even here?" I holler. Zoe glanced at me, and back at Cindy. "Jeez, girls. You gotta stop." Zoe took a step in front of us, stopping us. "I think you girls should give each other a second chance." Zoe declared with a soft voice. Cindy and I look at each other in shock.
"No, absolutely not! Not over my dead body!" Cindy says as put her hands on her arms and looks down at her feet. Cindy and I backed away from each other and Zoe rolled her eyes, smirking.
"I-I'm sorry." Cindy turned her whole body to the corner to throw up. Zoe gripped my arm and pulled me to the side, leaving Cindy by herself for a minute. "Zoe, I'm sorry but I just can't. I don't even know why she's here!" I whisper loudly. Zoe gave me a cold glare and rolled her eyes at me again. "I know she came from nowhere, but I think this a good opportunity to get alone. Trust me. Trust each other. Just trust me on this." Zoe explained.
"And Leah, I know you two don't get along but we should give her a second chance." I stared at Zoe as she spoke. With the thought of it I took a deep breath. "Are you crazy? Don't you remember anything she's done to me in the past? What about you? You're going to be nicer to her from now on?" I asked Zoe.
"Don't worry, we'll all be nicer to each other. From now on."
After Zoe convinced me, I took a deep breath and a moment to think about it. You know what, why not try? I mean I'm pretty sure Cindy is never going to change. But we'll take that turn. I agreed with Zoe. Maybe Cindy and I could trust each other and maybe forgive one another.
"I don't know, Zoe." I claimed. Zoe stared me in the eye until I finally agreed. "You know what, fine. ONE chance." I turned around and Zoe gave me a sigh of relief. "Thank you." She whispered with a big smile on her face. I took a step back and felt a crunch under my feet. I looked down and picked up a bunch of papers, and of paper with blue prints on it. Zoe and Cindy hover over to look at the papers I was holding.
"What's this?" I asked. Cindy gave me a death stare for a minute. "It's called a map, Genius." Cindy rudely corrected me with her arms crossed.
"I know, I wasn't talking to you." I spoke slowly, giving Cindy a cold glare. Zoe looked at me with her eyes widened and her arms crossed. "Fine!" I throw my hands up and nod.
"We should get some rest. It's too late to roam around the school right now." Zoe explained. I nodded in agreement but thought for a second. "But where are we supposed to sleep?" Zoe gazed around the room, finding two foam mats underneath an old desk. "There! We can sleep on those mats right there." Zoe pointed to two foam mats across from us. "Okay. But there's only two." I commented.
Zoe looked at both Cindy and I, hinting that we will share a mat. I look at her like she's crazy. She's doing this to me on purpose, I swear! But I had to agree. After all, I am supposed to be giving Cindy another chance. So, our night went on.