Chapter 7

"Oh my freaking gosh. Zoe! You scared the living crap out of me!" I put my hands over my beating heart. Zoe looked at me with confusion. "Leah? What are you doing here? It's midnight!" Looks like I scared the crap out of her too. "Yeah, I know what time it is. I just saw this school and thought I'd see all the damage. Wait, what are you doing here?" I said, looking around. Zoe turned around before she could even answer. Then she turned towards me with a file of newspapers in her hand.
"Oh uh, I was just looking around as well, and found these newspapers on the floor in the office. Zoe gave me the file that was in her hands and papers fell on the floor.
"You found these in the office, you said?" I ask.
"I don't know. I just found them on the floor somewhere but I think we should get out of here, and go home." I stare at her and shut my eyes.
"I'm not going back there. I just can't go back." I said and Zoe looked at me with confusion again.
"Why? What happened? Did something happen? Are you okay?" She comes closer to me and touches my shoulders with her hands.
"I needed to get fresh air and to get out of there, b- because I wanted to get away from all the drama. So I ran away." I stutter. Zoe leans in for a hug. "Maybe we should just stay here tonight, together!" Zoe exclaims. I gave her a worried look again.
"Zoe, are you sure? It's getting late though. Where would we sleep?" Zoe giggled and rolled her eyes at me. "I guess that's not a bad idea." Zoe leans in for a hug again. Now that I thought about it, that's not a bad idea at all. Ms. Juliana won't be able to find me here.
"Yeah, let's do it! I mean, what could go wrong?" After I said that, Zoe and I spotted someone standing in the corner of the hallway at the corner of our eyes. Cindy.